Old 05-06-2010, 01:31 PM   #46
jglerner
Connoisseur
jglerner doesn't litterjglerner doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3g (US), KT & PaperWhite, Nook ST
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by synlor View Post
The 2.5 update just downloaded it a few minutes ago on my Kindle DX (US version) and I managed to grab a copy of it before it updated itself.

http://rapidshare.com/files/38401487...00057.bin.html
Synlor you must upload in another uploader :

http://rapidshare.com/files/38401487...00057.bin.html

!0 times download exceded....
jglerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 03:12 PM   #47
JohnnyTToxic
Connoisseur
JohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enough

Device: Amazon Kindle 2 International
Dang..

Theoretically, there should be 11 people willing to help re-upload this file. Unfortunately, I didn't snag a copy.

Next person should set up a collector's account with Rapidshare (takes about 15 secs) so that the downloads are unlimited. Plus, if you do that, you can see how many people have downloaded the file, which just makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Downloads of the 2.3.3 and 2.3.4 updates have almost cleared 400 users after I uploaded the files a few days ago.
JohnnyTToxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2010, 04:22 PM   #48
Sheikspeare
Groupie
Sheikspeare has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Sheikspeare has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Sheikspeare has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PR-505 / Kindle DX
BTW, I have a premium account for Rapidshare. I'd be happy to upload it.
Sheikspeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 04:33 PM   #49
Anarel
Evangelist
Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: K1, GKDX, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheikspeare View Post
BTW, I have a premium account for Rapidshare. I'd be happy to upload it.
Which file is this? I thought the other one didn't work because the person who uploaded it had previous version 2.3.2.... or something...
Anarel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 04:39 PM   #50
JohnnyTToxic
Connoisseur
JohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enough

Same file, but now missing.

Some people with 2.3.2 downloaded it over 10 times (the default limit for a rapidshare upload not attached to an account) so it disappeared.
Advert
Old 05-06-2010, 04:50 PM   #51
synlor
synlor has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle DX
Ah sorry folks, didn't realize that would be a problem. Nate kindly offered to host it on his blog, so I'm emailing it to him right now. Hopefully he will chime in here or in a new thread with the url.
synlor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 05:11 PM   #52
nicolasqueen
Full Fledged Newbie
nicolasqueen began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis; Likebook Mars
OK, what update are we talking here? k2, k2i, dx or dxi?
nicolasqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 05:15 PM   #53
JohnnyTToxic
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolasqueen View Post
OK, what update are we talking here? k2, k2i, dx or dxi?
Originally Posted by synlor
The 2.5 update just downloaded it a few minutes ago on my Kindle DX (US version) and I managed to grab a copy of it before it updated itself.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:41 PM   #54
robb01
Connoisseur
robb01 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Got mine today
robb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 05:49 PM   #55
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Robb, you cant post that in a forum thread and not say anything else.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 06:24 PM   #56
davidspitzer
So Many Words to Read!
davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyTToxic View Post
Originally Posted by synlor
I would love to get a copy of that for my DX any chance of posting a download link for it?
davidspitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 06:26 PM   #57
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I'm having trouble uploading it.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 06:33 PM   #58
Teyrnon
Groupie
Teyrnon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Teyrnon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Teyrnon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Teyrnon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetBook, Kindle DX, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidspitzer View Post
I would love to get a copy of that for my DX any chance of posting a download link for it?
You're clear that the particular .bin in question will only work if you're updating from 2.3.2?
Teyrnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 06:34 PM   #59
davidspitzer
So Many Words to Read!
davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I'm having trouble uploading it.
You can use this - ill leave it up for people to download also (please no abuse 2.5 bin files only)

http://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0BzSz...NTFiYWRm&hl=en

if people want to email me the Bin files for the various models ill post them to the above folder (it is a public folder) - I can accept up to 25 megs per email via my gmail account which is - david a spitzer (all one word) at gmail

Last edited by davidspitzer; 05-06-2010 at 06:41 PM.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:21 PM   #60
davidspitzer
So Many Words to Read!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidspitzer View Post
You can use this - ill leave it up for people to download also (please no abuse 2.5 bin files only)

http://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0BzSz...NTFiYWRm&hl=en

if people want to email me the Bin files for the various models ill post them to the above folder (it is a public folder) - I can accept up to 25 megs per email via my gmail account which is - david a spitzer (all one word) at gmail

Kindle DX firmware (2.5) is posted - I am not sure if it will work with the Kindle 2 also but you can try (note it will only work with 2.3.2 not 2.3.3) if anyone has the 2.3.3 to 2.5 bin file please email me and ill post it there also