Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 08-03-2006, 02:58 PM   #1
each
Connoisseur
each has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Treo 650/iRex iLiad
How to get support for EBA format?

Currently the iLiad supports the following formats: PDF, XHTML, TXT, JPG, PNG, BMP, EBA (China only) and XEB(China only).

As we all know, iLiad bought directly from iRex can support xeb and it's running perfect. I am interested in the EBA format, which is also "China only", I tried in my iLiad, they couldn't work. But I heard from a Chinese iLiad forum that EBA works pretty well in the iLiad (China version, 2.5), they said it is better than XEB and PDF.

So, the iLiads of China and Europe are different, right, and both support xeb format although it says "China only", but it looks like China version has more supported formats. I asked some China iLiad users, they updated their system to 2.5 through iDS, the same way.

Use google to translate the link: http://translate.google.com/translat...language_tools
notice that iLiad is call "Yilitate" in China, they are sold through this company in China, http://www.jcnip.com/Filux_iRex.asp, maybe the same business model with eflybook in US.

Now, I have questions, how does iRex figure out the difference between these two iLiads when they are updating through iDS? Can iLiads other than China version get support to EBA format?

Last edited by each; 08-03-2006 at 03:05 PM.
each is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 06:47 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Did anyone get this question answered? Does anyone have software to make ebooks in EBA format?

I know I shouldn't dig up an old thread, but I'm getting a device that reads EBA and I'd like to make ebooks for it.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2008, 02:02 PM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Did anyone get this question answered? Does anyone have software to make ebooks in EBA format?

I know I shouldn't dig up an old thread, but I'm getting a device that reads EBA and I'd like to make ebooks for it.
A Google search of EBAML turned up a converter for EBA to EBAML and a TEXT to EBAML converter. Both required translating from Chinese. It seems to be related to WOL or at least similar. It is likely that it creates images but I am not sure. Most WOL converters just create images inside a database file. See the wiki on WOLF for more on this.

If you find anything about EBA or EBAML format let me know or put it in the wiki.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote