Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-23-2010, 12:19 PM   #1
Prince Hal
Zealot
Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Galaxy Player 4.2; Nexus 3 (wifi only); Nook HD+ (possibly)
Books missing from Reader Library

I had a PRS-505 a little while ago, and I had a number of books that I purchased. Well I switched to a Kindle and so never used the Reader software again.

Today I downloaded the Reader software again, and low and behold, all my book purchases appeared in the library - most in BBeB format. However, when I clicked on them, it did not display the book and told me that it was unable to locate the file, that it had been moved or deleted.

Is there any way that I can re-download these books. Some were free and others were paid for ?

Any help, as always greatly appreciated.

Hal.
Prince Hal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 12:32 PM   #2
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Yes, just go to your account in the library and go to books purchased (if you got them from Sony). They will all be in ePub format, and possibly a few won't be able to be redownloaded yet. Sony has converted most of their books to ePub, but they haven't gotten to all of them yet. You will still see them in your purchased books, but it won't let you redownload them.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2010, 12:34 PM   #3
Prince Hal
Zealot
Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Galaxy Player 4.2; Nexus 3 (wifi only); Nook HD+ (possibly)
Thank you Grand Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Yes, just go to your account in the library and go to books purchased (if you got them from Sony). They will all be in ePub format, and possibly a few won't be able to be redownloaded yet. Sony has converted most of their books to ePub, but they haven't gotten to all of them yet. You will still see them in your purchased books, but it won't let you redownload them.
Many thanks. Works perfectly. Nice one Sony. Mmm. Maybe it's a Sony eReader 600 on my shopping list this week and not the Nook to replace my Kindle.
Prince Hal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 12:43 PM   #4
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Hal View Post
Many thanks. Works perfectly. Nice one Sony. Mmm. Maybe it's a Sony eReader 600 on my shopping list this week and not the Nook to replace my Kindle.
Pretty easy My vote goes for the Sony, but I'm pretty sure I'm biased
Old 01-23-2010, 12:46 PM   #5
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Oh also did you make sure that you upgraded the software? When you do that, Sony will assign you an Adobe ID. Once you get the email confirming that, close the library, reopen it, log back into the Sony store (which will log you into Adobe) with your Reader connected. That way it'll register your device with Adobe, and when you transfer books you won't get an error message.
Advert

Tags
reader software