Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 03-29-2009, 12:55 PM   #1
ckphk
ckphk began at the beginning.

Device: Palm M505
fbreader on v3?

I read somewhere that there was an fbreader ported onto V3, but the guy later moved to the openinkpot project.

I used to use a Palm for reading, (still using Palm now), so I have quite a lot of ebooks (emag & enews) in plucker format (and scripts too), which can only be read under fbreader.

I've try OI, but it is not as stable, and I've encounterd system hang on mobi files, as well as pdf.

Have anyone ported fbreader to V3 (non-OI firmware)? If yes, I will be very appreciated to see the instruction posted.

Thanks.
ckphk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 01:15 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
See Bebook January update available. I have not tried it, but the feedback in the thread was positive.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2009, 01:37 PM   #3
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
When you tried OI, did you try the Live version (i.e. running it from your SD card)? It has been reported that the Live version is less stable. Flashing the OI firmware has proven to be much more stable. I've had no issue at all after flashing OI.
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 02:28 PM   #4
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe The Cat View Post
When you tried OI, did you try the Live version (i.e. running it from your SD card)? It has been reported that the Live version is less stable. Flashing the OI firmware has proven to be much more stable. I've had no issue at all after flashing OI.
AGREED!!! The OpenInkpot web site even states that the LIVE version has stability problems, so it is really only useful to try out the feature set. I have tried each of the Jinke/Hanlin new releases and every time have found them to be less usable( more unstable) than OpenInkpot. I use OpenInkpot all the time now, and it is totally stable for my reading. In fact, I never turn it off except to flash the newest snapshot.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 05:16 PM   #5
torbich
Zealot
torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PocketBook 602, LBook V3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckphk View Post
Have anyone ported fbreader to V3 (non-OI firmware)? If yes, I will be very appreciated to see the instruction posted.

Thanks.
Yes, there were such firmwares, but they are old (FBReader version from June 2008!). AFAIK, this one is the latest:
http://www.savefile.com/files/1808120
and the scripts to set FBReader as default for RTF, TXT, FB2 formats:
http://openinkpot.org/~lunohod/v3_pswitch_new.zip

Better try OpenInkPot and not a live version but standard one.
torbich is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2009, 03:39 AM   #6
ckphk

I've tried both live and firmware version.
I moved back to stock firmware because the pdf reader is far from usable (the fonts are too small, but there are problem on zooming). The stock pdf reader is readable (although it's sort of small) at the largest zoom level. (problem exist even for firmware version of OI)

But since then, I've decided to convert pdf to rtf by Acrobat Pro. I'll give the firmware version another try.

Of course, if there is a fbreader (even old version) on current firmware, I'd like to know.
Old 03-30-2009, 02:51 PM   #7
rafel2005j
rafel2005j began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3
You can try:

http://www.tilient.net/bebook/V3update.zip

It's a bebook change, view:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35686

(see wiffel)

But I sinchronize the books fitting the SD card directly in the PC or Mac.
rafel2005j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 03:04 AM   #8
ckphk

Thanks a lot. Downloaded and trying. Looks good.