Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-11-2012, 05:45 PM   #1
Lacrymology
Lacrymology can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Lacrymology can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Lacrymology can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Lacrymology can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Lacrymology can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Lacrymology can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Lacrymology can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Lacrymology can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Lacrymology can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Lacrymology can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Lacrymology can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle
Collection management software issues

after trying various collection-management softwares (my desired behavior is create collections from directory structure), I get my collections created, and the books appear in them, after resetting the kindle, but the books still appear on the kindle's home menu.

If I remove and add a book to it's collection from the Kindle menu, nothing changes. Same thing if the collection's newly created.

This happens with both a K3g with version 3.1 and with one of the 5-way button devices, I don't know the system version of, right now (but they're both just shipped in)

Any known issues/workarounds about this?
Lacrymology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:57 PM   #2
hfpop
Addict
hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: N/A
In all views except the collection view, this is natural. In K3, the only way to hide books on the home pages is the collection view, but there the collections are not sorted alphabetically.
hfpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2012, 06:09 PM   #3
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
If I'm understanding correctly at what you're looking to achieve, it's just not possible on a Kindle. It's one of the few things I wished they changed with the software update.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:59 PM   #4
Lacrymology
Lacrymology can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Lacrymology can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Lacrymology can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Lacrymology can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Lacrymology can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Lacrymology can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Lacrymology can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Lacrymology can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Lacrymology can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Lacrymology can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Lacrymology can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle
No, it's what hfpop said, I was in the wrong view

thanks!
Lacrymology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:30 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Remember that a collection is NOT a folder - it's simply a "tag" that's attached to a book. Adding a book to a collection will NOT remove it from your home screen (unless you select "Collections" view, of course).
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
collection manager, collections