Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 10-30-2011, 04:12 PM   #1
TdeV
Dabbler
TdeV began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Reject:Lenovo 8.1 tablet Old: Colour Nook, HP Touchpad
Search and replace

The conversion utility I used works (somewhat) OK, but leaves some trash around.

One thing it has left is a line in between every text line. (In code view, there is a numbered line between all lines of text).

I think I'm looking to replace all double CR (carriage returns) with single CR.

Suggestions?
TdeV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 04:45 PM   #2
Serpentine
Evangelist
Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
I take it you mean something like this:
Code:
4|	<p>some text</p>
5|
6|	<p>some other text</p>
Where the blue text is the linenumber from the margin, and not actual included characters. You are saying the line number 5, is blank.

If the file is correctly marked up and these lines are not included in tags which regard them, those should not result in any problems - they just help to make it easier to read (or so people think - I personally don't care for them).

Sigil will insert them between paragraphs and such quite often - this does seem to add blank lines to tags like <pre> but hmmm, nothing worth worrying about if you cant see visible problems caused by them.
Serpentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
search_and_replace