Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 03-31-2011, 09:54 PM   #346
Gunnerp245
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrondos View Post
If the Entourage eDGe folks were to go out of business, wouldn't it be a nice gesture if they:
(1) gave Froyo (at whatever stage it is) to the users of this Forum, even if it's imperfect (with a clear caveat to that effect - along with away to restore our eDGes to their original state)?
(2) gave the users of this forum an opportunity to purchase items from the remaining inventories of eDGe accessories in a "firehouse sale"?
(3) keep the website up for at least a year, while also including downloadable set-up files, drivers, epub and pdf docs
I have absolutely no real understanding of business at the corporate level and maybe it wouldn't make sense to do any of those things from a financial, trade secrets or legal liability standpoint, but it might be nice.
Still, in one sense, I can't see the eDGe just going out of business. It's such a neat device! Has anyone thought of the possibility that some other company might be buying them out? Then again, the edSEL was a neat automobile, now a collectible.)
When Irex went down they released the last version they were working on, updated/changed the website, and company spokespersons went quiet... Just sayin'