through bluetooth??//
or through usb ??
please help
https://www2.mobileread.com/i/smiliestext/thankyou.gif
asdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 12:20 PM   #2
borisb
Addict
borisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it is

Device: enTourage eDGe, Pocket eDGe, Kobo Vox, Kobo Touch, Asus Eee Note
You can download the update.zip using any computer by following the instructions here: https://www.entourageedge.com/suppor...barticleid=236.

Note that this will give you the latest Dingo version.

To get the Ermine beta (which includes Android 2.2, aka Froyo), you need internet connectivity on your eDGe. If wifi doesn't work, then a USB-to-Ethernet connector will work. It needs to be a "StarTech USB2106S" adapter, like this: http://www.amazon.com/USB-2-0-To-Eth...2106794&sr=8-1.
borisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2011, 09:54 PM   #3
mgmartin74
mgmartin74 began at the beginning.

Device: PocketEdge
Sorry for being so dense, but I have looked all over the entourage site and this one, and I cannot seem to find the Ermine download. Can someone help me out here...and thanks in advance.
mgmartin74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 10:06 PM   #4
borisb
Addict
borisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it is

Device: enTourage eDGe, Pocket eDGe, Kobo Vox, Kobo Touch, Asus Eee Note
Run the Store app on your eDGe and click the "My Account" link (log in if prompted).

The Ermine beta opt-in is displayed as a big red message at the top. Follow the instructions to confirm you want to receive the update.

Then run the Update app on your eDGe to download and install it.

At this time, there is no update.zip that you can download for the Ermine beta; you have to use the Store/Update apps.
borisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:42 AM   #5
jskrypek
jskrypek began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Is it worth upgrading to the Ermine beta. Has anyone experienced any problems with Ermine.
jskrypek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2011, 04:24 PM   #6
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
From what I hear, the answers are yes and yes.

I haven't upgraded yet (lazy), but the consensus on the entourageedge.com forum seems to be that the Ermine upgrade improves speed and adds functionality. Some people have experienced problems -- browser crashes, problems waking from hibernation (more on EE than PE), green camera pictures -- but most people who have had to downgrade to fix something have upgraded again. You can read all about it in the Ermine forum at http://www.entourageedge.com/forums/forum.php.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:30 PM   #7
Last_of_the_PEs
Groupie
Last_of_the_PEs began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage PE
Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
You can download the update.zip using any computer by following the instructions here: https://www.entourageedge.com/suppor...barticleid=236.

Note that this will give you the latest Dingo version.

To get the Ermine beta (which includes Android 2.2, aka Froyo), you need internet connectivity on your eDGe. If wifi doesn't work, then a USB-to-Ethernet connector will work. It needs to be a "StarTech USB2106S" adapter, like this: http://www.amazon.com/USB-2-0-To-Eth...2106794&sr=8-1.
I downloaded the update.zip from the link you posted. Do you know if that is Dingo 1.13?

I can only get Ermine by doing the update from within the PE, right?
Last_of_the_PEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:31 PM   #8
Filark
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here's another link with the Dingo file: https://www.entourageedge.com/suppor...leid=263&nav=0. It should be the same, but just in case . . .

As far as I know, you are correct in thinking you can only get Ermine from inside the eDGe (but I don't know much, so don't quote me!).
Old 05-10-2011, 01:22 AM   #9
Last_of_the_PEs
Groupie
Last_of_the_PEs began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage PE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
Here's another link with the Dingo file: https://www.entourageedge.com/suppor...leid=263&nav=0. It should be the same, but just in case . . .

As far as I know, you are correct in thinking you can only get Ermine from inside the eDGe (but I don't know much, so don't quote me!).
Thanks. But what version is THIS one? Why doesn't Entourage label these things? The article is dated March 31st, 2011, so it would make sense for the file to be quite recent, but it'd be nice to be sure.

I'll check it's size against the other ones I have once it finishes downloading. I think it's coming through a modem somewhere!
Last_of_the_PEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:02 PM   #10
ann264
Enthusiast
ann264 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe
Hi,
My PE can't find the store. I'm on the internet but still no store open.
ann264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:19 PM   #11
Filark

ann264, are you looking at the app called Store? If so, that used to connect to the enTourage store which no longer exists. That app and a few others are no good now that enTourage is out of business.

If you download pablob's golden allmine to a computer and put it on a USB stick or a micro SD card you can install it on your PE (carefully following instructions). Be sure to backup any data and apps you have on there first.

Once you have successfully installed the update you should have access to the Google Android Market.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:50 PM   #12
ann264
Enthusiast

Hi,

I read a lot and understand there are three different updates. Why not use the update from the manufacturer?
Old 01-06-2012, 07:06 PM   #13
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
1. because the manufacturer is out of business
2. the pablob update has more storage for apps and other improvements
3. also you can access market (buy apps, autoupdate apps)
see thread for this update
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=159872
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 02:37 AM   #14
Filark

You can use the Ermine update that enTourage put out shortly before they shut down. You will have to download it from this forum and it is a beta release, as I'm sure you know by now!

However, several very smart and helpful people have made improvements to the original. You can add the improvements piecemeal, use the Ermine beta as it is, or upgrade with pablob's Golden Allmine Ermine. The last choice consolidates several of the fixes and tweaks pablob, javese, ktwombley and others have developed -- as vicinc points out above. We are very lucky to have good people willing to share their skills and knowledge with our eDGe community.

Enjoy!
Old 01-07-2012, 06:43 AM   #15
ann264
Enthusiast

Hi,

you talk about a Golden Allmine Ermine. But when I go to the site there are two diverend updates a Golden Ermine and a Golden Allmine. Whits one do you mean?