Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > LRF

Notices

Old 01-24-2008, 03:12 PM   #1
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Open source lrs2lrf

version 0.4.34 of libprs500 now has a converter to compile LRS files into LRF files.

Code:
lrs2lrf myfile.lrs
Note that it is preferable to first create an LRF file, then use lrf2lrs on it, rather than using the --lrs option on the libprs500 conversion tools.

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 01-30-2008 at 10:46 PM.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 04:16 AM   #2
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Does it mean that DRMed LRS files from Sony Connect could be converted into non-DRM LRF files?
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 04:21 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No DRMed files are LRX
Old 01-25-2008, 04:26 AM   #4
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Omg, then I am going to ask a very stupid question
What is LRS then?
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 10:45 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

LRS is the open XML format on which LRF is based.
Old 01-27-2008, 10:24 AM   #6
FangornUK
Addict
FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad, Kindle 3
Great stuff kovidgoyal! Tried it with comiclrf but looks like there are quite a few things missing yet, I'll try to log some bug reports.
FangornUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 02:33 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Actually, I'm rewriting it, so hold off until the next release.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:47 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

version 0.4.35 has a completely re-written implementation that should have far fewer bugs.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:09 AM   #9
FangornUK
Addict
FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad, Kindle 3
kovidgoyal, it's looking great. Testing with comiclrf and I haven't found any problems so far.
FangornUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 08:05 AM   #10
dafire
dafire will become famous soon enoughdafire will become famous soon enoughdafire will become famous soon enoughdafire will become famous soon enoughdafire will become famous soon enoughdafire will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS505, Kindle DXi
I just want you to thank you for your work with this
dafire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 08:10 AM   #11
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Glad you find it useful
Old 07-25-2008, 02:44 AM   #12
lionfish
Connoisseur
lionfish doesn't litterlionfish doesn't litter

Device: E-Book Reader
Hi Kovid,
I have some Chinese lrf books which I want to modify their font size etc. I used lrf2lrs.exe to convert them successfully into lrs. The lrs file has something like this:

<TextBlock objid="18" blockstyle="138" textstyle="133">
<P> <CR /></P><CR /><P>  脱弦之箭御风疾飞,气势逼人。(....)

You can see there are two big spaces at the beginning of the paragraph which serve as indentation to Chinese text. i.e. lrf2lrs.exe works perfectly.

My problem is that all these spaces disappear after I convert the lrs file back to lrf format by lrs2lrf.exe. Anything I can do to keep these spaces?
lionfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 03:47 AM   #13
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Hmm I think this would qualify as a bug in lrs2lrf
Old 07-25-2008, 09:11 PM   #14
lionfish
Connoisseur
lionfish doesn't litterlionfish doesn't litter

Device: E-Book Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Hmm I think this would qualify as a bug in lrs2lrf
So, may I ask if it will be fixed in the near future? THX Kovid
lionfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 09:17 PM   #15
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

One can hope But no promises, I have too much on my plate to make firm comittments.

Tags
libprs500