Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 08-13-2009, 05:31 AM   #46
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
What are "scan trads"?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:58 AM   #47
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
Generaly they are japanese manga that are scanned, and then translated to english or other non japanese languages. They are generaly too a non official translation made by fan
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2009, 06:26 AM   #48
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:51 AM   #49
CyGuy
Avid Reader
CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 902, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, ASUS TF700, and Cybook Gen III
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idoine View Post
That's not true.
Personally I have some 480 ebooks on my Cybook.
I made folders by Genre, then Author, and view them Sorted by File Path.
I'd like Folder view (I'll love it when it will come ), but I can manage as it is now !
If only that was true it would be great. I also have mine sorted this way, it still shows every single book in the Library. You still have to arrow over page after page to get to the book you want. This is not even close to being a way to manage hundreds of books.

I want folder view, period.
CyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 09:09 AM   #50
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Then the answer is simple: until you get folder, don't have hundreds of books on the device. How many books can you read in a week, or a month?
Advert
Old 08-13-2009, 09:37 AM   #51
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
For the most part I love my Gen3.

But I have an external Maxtor USB disk drive on my PC, and it freezes whenever I plug in the Gen3. All my other USB devices get along fine - apart from those two.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:40 AM   #52
CyGuy
Avid Reader
CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
For the most part I love my Gen3.

But I have an external Maxtor USB disk drive on my PC, and it freezes whenever I plug in the Gen3. All my other USB devices get along fine - apart from those two.
Is this a USB powered external drive, or does it have it's own power supply? If it is a USB powered drive, you may be maxing out the available current on the USB ports. You could always buy a cheap USB hub that is powered...
Old 08-13-2009, 11:57 AM   #53
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyGuy View Post
Is this a USB powered external drive, or does it have it's own power supply? If it is a USB powered drive, you may be maxing out the available current on the USB ports. You could always buy a cheap USB hub that is powered...
for the suggestion - but the drive does have it's own power supply.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:10 PM   #54
Idoine
Which book will be next ?
Idoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3 1.5, Sony PRS 600 RC, Samsung Omnia...
What is your OS ?
Did you put a fixed letter for your USB Drive ?
Idoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 12:10 PM   #55
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I also use a main-powered external USB hard disk, and I have to make sure that it's not doing any reading or writing when I plug in the Gen3, because Windows seems to momentarily disconnect the hard disk while it's mounting the Gen3, and any read or write operation gets interrupted. That's under XP SP3.

Fortunately, I only use the external disk for backup purposes, and most of the time it's switched off. All I do now is make sure that I don't plug in the Gen3 when it's running.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:26 PM   #56
Sparrow
Wizard

I'm running Windows XP SP3, it's my dedicated D: drive, I've tried disabled write caching but that didn't help.
I use the external drive for storing my data, including my ebooks - any books I want on my Gen3, I have to copy across to C: so they're available when the Gen3 is plugged in.

Interesting that you're seeing the same type of behaviour Harry.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:57 PM   #57
ciel-bleu
ciel-bleu began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad Book Edition
I‘m a chinese user. cybook support good the chinese prc/mobi, but could not display chinese characters in the book list. does anyone know how to change the book list font?
unfortunately, cybook works not so well with pdf files. there is so many pdfs that could not be loaded.
ciel-bleu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:16 PM   #58
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Then the answer is simple: until you get folder, don't have hundreds of books on the device. How many books can you read in a week, or a month?
It's a wrong question. How many can you choose from, when you want to read the next one? It's about being able to choose, and not have to plan ahead what to read.
Krystian Galaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:28 PM   #59
CyGuy
Avid Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Funny that mine came with 512MB of built-in memory, I guess I really just needed a couple hundred K.

I agree that the issue is that I want to be able to browse my books and select which one to read anywhere, anytime. I don't just want one or two books on the device at a time...
Old 08-13-2009, 08:40 PM   #60
gerraldo
Anti-DRM Advocate
gerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-books

Device: CyBook Gen 3, Palm Tungsten T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyGuy View Post
Funny that mine came with 512MB of built-in memory, I guess I really just needed a couple hundred K.

I agree that the issue is that I want to be able to browse my books and select which one to read anywhere, anytime. I don't just want one or two books on the device at a time...
We're not talking about 1 or 2 books, but with a little planning I'm sure one can keep that around 50 books (which is a lot to choose from). Maybe www.goodreads.com can be of some help with that planning.

With my Cybook I bought a 2GB card and I was sure I'll need that much memory. A few weeks later I switched my 2GB card against the old 512MB card from my wifes DigiCam. And honestly, I just use it so the slot is covered against dust...

A book is somewhat between 250-1500KB and I have approx. 30-40 books on my device - so there's lots of free space left. My library is on an external drive + some DVDs (for safety reasons).
gerraldo is offline   Reply With Quote