Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-24-2022, 06:21 PM   #1
dmcrorie
dmcrorie began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Find which files not in calibre library?

I have many books on my local drive. Some of them are not yet in Calibre library. How can i find which ones need to be added?

I made the csv list of calibre books and that gives me the metadata book titles and calibre file names. I have the list of file names from the local hard drive directory. These names are not the same and I can't compare them effectively.

Is there a way to get Calibre to provide the original file name that was imported? This would be the best option I can think of.

What other options are there?

Thank you in advance!
dmcrorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 06:45 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
If you haven't changed the titles or authors in Calibre, you can just import all your books and then use the Find Duplicates plugin to find any duplicates.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 08:40 PM   #3
dmcrorie
dmcrorie began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
If you haven't changed the titles or authors in Calibre, you can just import all your books and then use the Find Duplicates plugin to find any duplicates.
Yeah thought of that. Trying to avoid reloading a large inventory of books if I can. Any ways I can do a reconciliation? I'm very good with excel. Just need a clean way to map between calibre and the ebook files I'm importing. This has never come up before?
dmcrorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 08:44 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Import into a New Library, then use Find Duplicates: LIBRARY DUPLICATES:<the end target Library>.
Delete those(marked) from the intake Library, then select the remaining: Copy to Library:<target Library>
As always with any BULK operation: BACKUP the main Library
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, compare, files, missing, titles