Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 10-22-2009, 09:34 AM   #1
Nancyvanp
Nancyvanp began at the beginning.

Device: none
need help in my decision

Have decided to buy an e-reader of some type. I was all set on the Sony and then B & N came out with the Nook. Now I'm back in the quandry mode again!
Nancyvanp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 04:19 PM   #2
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Welcome to MobileRead!

I'm sure you'll find lots of advice here, and I'm sure some of it will be helpful. There are lots of Sony users around here that are very happy with it, so I'm sure you'd like it.
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2009, 04:21 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Nancyvanp and welcome to MobileRead. Check out our 'Which One Should I Buy' section here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=123
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 04:21 PM   #4
Superlucky
Fanatic
Superlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toys

Device: PRS-505, PRS-350
Welcome, Nancy.

What features have you confused?
Superlucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 02:20 AM   #5
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
If you take a look around here, Nancy, I think you'll soon realise that the choice of a reader might depend largely on where you are based. Good to have your company. G'luck. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2009, 10:24 AM   #6
Nancyvanp
Nancyvanp began at the beginning.

Device: none
What has me confused is Best Buy claims that Sony send them demo e-readers that don't work. However, they assure me that I can buy it, and then if I don't like it, I can return it, of course, paying a re-stocking fee! Have a friend that works at Best Buy in CA and she says their e-readers work just fine. I have this "rule", that I want to see it in action before I buy it.
Nancyvanp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 01:46 PM   #7
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Click image for larger version

Name:	hellotags5.gif
Views:	282
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	37906 Nancy, and welcome to the forum.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 10:46 AM   #8
Superlucky
Fanatic
Superlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toys

Device: PRS-505, PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancyvanp View Post
What has me confused is Best Buy claims that Sony send them demo e-readers that don't work. However, they assure me that I can buy it, and then if I don't like it, I can return it, of course, paying a re-stocking fee! Have a friend that works at Best Buy in CA and she says their e-readers work just fine. I have this "rule", that I want to see it in action before I buy it.
We can't help with that.
Superlucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 02:50 PM   #9
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superlucky View Post
We can't help with that.
Through you could keep an eye out for a Meet-Up in your area which would allow you to (probably) see a 505 and others. Alternatively, there is a thread about "See a reader near you" somewhere. Hopefully this will help a little. (II know this won't help you with *exactly* the machine from Best Buy, but should help confirm at least the type.)
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle, nook, sony e-reader