Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-09-2012, 10:02 AM   #1276
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
I've been lucky that I've stayed close with three women I went to high school with. I learned early this morning that one of those women's 26 year old daughter who I watched grow up was murdered. She's been missing for a month and her body was found yesterday afternoon.

I just keep picturing her when she was little, and I can't wrap my head around this.
No one can truly comprehend the aftermath of a violent crime on one's family or loved ones. Condolences & wishes for strength in the long recovery process.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:51 PM   #1277
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
I've been lucky that I've stayed close with three women I went to high school with. I learned early this morning that one of those women's 26 year old daughter who I watched grow up was murdered. She's been missing for a month and her body was found yesterday afternoon.

I just keep picturing her when she was little, and I can't wrap my head around this.
May the family find both justice and solace. This is indeed a terrible thing.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 08-09-2012 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Sentence capitalization.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2012, 03:02 PM   #1278
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorgonseyes View Post
A Greek Orthodox Candle for the memory of my loving grandmother, Paraskevi.

Today is the anniversary of her passing.
A prayer for your grandmother. May the happy memories of your grandmother always bring a smile to your face and warmth in your heart.
Quote:

I'm so sorry to hear about this. My deepest sympathies to her family and all who knew and loved her. It is always so hard to understand when things like this happen in life.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:03 PM   #1279
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
It's sad enough that nothing can be made to undo such a doing. I wish healing for the woman's family and opportunity and excuse to everybody who might happen to meet the murderer with the business end of anything lethal pointing in the right direction.
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:56 PM   #1280
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Thanks for all the kind thoughts for my friend and her family!
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2012, 04:10 AM   #1281
Maggie May
Grand Sorcerer
Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: CYbook Gen3 and Sony PRS 3505 Kindle 3 G Nexus 7 iPad
My deepest sympathy to your friend and her family.
Maggie May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:28 AM   #1282
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
A candle for Patricia, today would have been her birthday.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kerze_rot.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	90841  
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:46 AM   #1283
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

for bringing this to our attention Billi .... Patricia is very much missed! And we celebrate her too short membership here.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:31 AM   #1284
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Hardly a day goes by I don't think of her. Every mention of the Library is a reminder of her hard work and dedication to MobileRead's success.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:39 AM   #1285
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
A candle for Patricia, today would have been her birthday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
for bringing this to our attention Billi .... Patricia is very much missed! And we celebrate her too short membership here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Hardly a day goes by I don't think of her. Every mention of the Library is a reminder of her hard work and dedication to MobileRead's success.

Indeed ...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:35 AM   #1286
Gorgonseyes
Connoisseur
Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Thanks everyone for your kind words for my Grandmother... She was a great woman
Gorgonseyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:55 AM   #1287
poohbear_nc
Now what?

A virtual candle in remembrance of all those who were lost on 09/11/2001.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:45 PM   #1288
74Cuda
MaxPuppy Rules
74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 8.9 HDX Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD, Acer A200
*lighting another candle and setting it next to Poohbear's.*
74Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:08 PM   #1289
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Lighting candle for 9/11
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:04 PM   #1290
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
And for all the families and friends of those who died on that dreadful day.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote