Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Windows Devices

Notices

Old 05-18-2014, 02:59 AM   #1
ChristopherTD
Addict
ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin Reader on iPad Air (via Calibre)
Calibre connector for Nokia 1020 (Mac)

I have a Nokia 1020 and am trying to get Calibre on my Mac to recognise it, there doesn't seem to be a plugin for Windows Phone, perhaps because on Windows devices no such thing is needed. However, on the Mac the 1020 doesn't appear as a mounted file system.

I can use Dropbox/Skydrive to get the books into whichever app I end up using, but wondered if there was a more direct way?
ChristopherTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 01:40 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I believe Windows phones use the MTP transfer protocol.

Mac OSX does not (by design) support MTP.

Only iPhones will work with Mac OSX -- this is a restriction hardwired into the operating system, and not calibre's fault.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2014, 02:58 PM   #3
Byron4120
Enthusiast
Byron4120 began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO Touch
Calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherTD View Post
I have a Nokia 1020 and am trying to get Calibre on my Mac to recognise it, there doesn't seem to be a plugin for Windows Phone, perhaps because on Windows devices no such thing is needed. However, on the Mac the 1020 doesn't appear as a mounted file system.

I can use Dropbox/Skydrive to get the books into whichever app I end up using, but wondered if there was a more direct way?
What I do for my windows phone & Calibre is start the content server in Calibre and use IE or other browser to download the file - From there you are queried to open or save - Open will give you a choice of the registered apps that read your file -- For me I use Fiction Reader - But others will respond in the same fashion.

Admittedly this is a bit less direct than the direct to device method, but it does provide a native Calibre interface device browser for a pull from Calibre, and you can do this wirelessly.
Byron4120 is offline   Reply With Quote