Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-18-2010, 07:52 PM   #1
charlie94
charlie94 began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Opus by Bookeen
htm and html show as Zip format?

I have a feeling I have some config weird. When ever I import htm or html it shows as zip in Calibre. Any idea why? Thanks

Laura
charlie94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:03 PM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Html files are automatically put into a zip file. Calibre works on books as a single file. This way multiple file html documents (html, css, images...) can be handled.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2010, 09:05 PM   #3
cnyvina
cnyvina began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Hello:
I am new here. Can you show me how to extract my book that was converted by calibre from html to zip? Because when I sync the book to my iPad I only got 3 pages. Thank you very much
cnyvina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:22 PM   #4
charlie94
charlie94 began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Opus by Bookeen
Smile So in theory I could?

Ok, so in theory (networking geek hat going on) if I had html/htm and wanted to drop not only the htm file but the folder with all the images in it as a zip file, into Calibre I could? This could be promising. by the way I love Calibre. Great coding!

Thanks
Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
Html files are automatically put into a zip file. Calibre works on books as a single file. This way multiple file html documents (html, css, images...) can be handled.
charlie94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:37 PM   #5
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie94 View Post
...so in theory (networking geek hat going on) if I had html/htm and wanted to drop not only the htm file but the folder with all the images in it as a zip file, into Calibre I could?
You can zip all the constituents (html, css, images) into a zip before importing into Calibre if you want but it is not necessary. If you just drag the html file Calibre will find all other referenced files and zip them up during the import.

Similarly, FYI, if you have one of those ebooks which is made up of several html files (e.g. 1 per chapter) plus a "master" index or TOC html file then you only need to import into Calibre the toc.html or index.html. Once again Calibre is clever enough to follow all the links and will zip up all the individual html files during the import.

Happy uploading
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2010, 01:38 PM   #6
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I am not sure if you can drop a folder directly. However when you add an html file, Calibre will parse it and detect any references to external files such as images, stylesheets, etc and add them as well to the ZIP file.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:44 PM   #7
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie94 View Post
Ok, so in theory (networking geek hat going on) if I had html/htm and wanted to drop not only the htm file but the folder with all the images in it as a zip file, into Calibre I could?
You don't have to separately grab the folder. If you drag the html file only, Calibre will automatically grab the contents of the associated folder, with all of its images, and put it all into the zip file. You can also add a zip file directly, with an ebook inside. Calibre will open it and add the book that's inside. Finally, you can add a zip or rar file with anything inside. Calibre will open it, but if it doesn't see an ebook, it will just add the zip/rar.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote