Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-02-2009, 08:57 PM   #1
shrktank
Connoisseur
shrktank has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony 650,Nook Color and iPad
sony prs-600 and sony prs-505 on same pc and account

I have a 600 which I have had since they came out. Like it, but kept hearing about the screen quality on the 505. Today I purchased a 505 off of ebay.

Will I have any problems using both of these e-readers off the same pc and same sony bookstore account? I want to do a few week comparison prior to deciding which one to keep.

Also is there any features which the 600 has that the 505 does not have? I am aware of the lack of dictionary, note taking and annotations. Not a biggie for me.

Also, I have a bible on my 600 which uses hyperlinks for the chapters and such. Will this function work with the 505?

One final question: Target as the cover with the built in light for $30.00. Is this worth the money or should I just get a might bright light?
shrktank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:47 PM   #2
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Hello shrktank,

There's absolutely no problem putting both devices on the same account. You are allowed up to 6 devices, one of which must be a computer (so as to access the sony Ebook store, and run the Ebook library software.) Just plug in your latest Reader via usb, open the Ebook Library software, access your account, then go to manage devices. The ebookstore will probably detect the new device and offer to authorise it.

The Bible hyperlinks will also work on the 505.

I think that your question about the cover with built-in light is more difficult to answer. I'm not terribly fond of them (I just use a clip-on booklight) but other people find them indispensable.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2009, 03:52 AM   #3
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
You're Sony account should ask you to authorize the new device. I have 4 readers and 2 computers registered to my account and haven't had any problems.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 07:19 AM   #4
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrktank View Post
One final question: Target as the cover with the built in light for $30.00. Is this worth the money or should I just get a might bright light?
I find mine very useful for reading in bed without needing a bedside night on & possibly disturbing my wife, but other than there, I don't make much use of it.

Basically, how often are you likely to be trying to read where you don't have access to a reasonable amount of light?
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 03:59 AM   #5
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrktank View Post
If it's the PRSACL1 lightwedge for the 505 I'd get it. I think it's an awesome light and wish they made something similar for the 600. Definitely worth the purchase and at that price, I'd grab it!
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2010, 10:26 PM   #6
Harmon
King of the Bongo Drums
Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Excelsior! (Strange...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
The Bible hyperlinks will also work on the 505.
Doesn't this depend on whether the document is a PDF?
Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote