Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-15-2012, 08:18 AM   #1
BobKat
Enthusiast
BobKat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobKat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobKat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobKat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobKat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobKat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobKat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobKat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobKat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobKat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobKat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Is there software to manage collections?

I am using calibre as a book management software.
I have made a few Collections, but apparently the only way I can find to add books to the collection, is by opening the collection on the kindle screen and then selecting the book to add.
Is there an easier software solution?
I really wish I could just make folders on the PC and put the books I want into the proper folder.
Is there any 3rd party management software that will handle the organization?
BobKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:57 AM   #2
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
There is a plug-in for Calibre that handles Kindle collections. That may be the simplest solution for your needs, unless they are very elaborate.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2012, 10:25 AM   #3
BobKat
Enthusiast
BobKat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobKat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobKat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobKat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobKat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobKat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobKat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobKat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobKat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobKat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobKat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you
I will search for that. Nothing too elaborate but it's a pain to do it one by one.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:45 AM   #4
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
There is another one but I haven't use it yet: http://kindlean.com/
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:39 AM   #5
trandism
trandism began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Calibre's plugin ain't working with Kindle Touch though if I'm not mistaken
trandism is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2012, 11:39 AM   #6
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
See [GUI Plugin] Kindle Collections. However, note that:
Quote:
This plugin does not work on Kindle Touch because Amazon changed the way the Kindle manages collections on the Touch. This cannot be fixed by modifying the plugin since the collection information is no longer accessible by users.
There is a work around for jail-broken Touch's, see [Kindle Touch] Calibre Kindle Collections Plug-in Hooks

There are stand-alone managers, but they also don't work on the Touch.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 12:25 PM   #7
BobKat
Enthusiast

I am going to check out the kindlean. If I can send to kindle with calibre, and then organize by drag and drop with kindlean.. I'll give that a try
Something that I can make a collection ie; classics, westerns, scifi or author and then send to those.

Edit to add:
Kindlean is just what I was looking for. TYVM

Last edited by BobKat; 04-15-2012 at 12:54 PM.
Old 04-15-2012, 01:51 PM   #8
pookakitten
Connoisseur
pookakitten began at the beginning.

Device: K5
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
See [GUI Plugin] Kindle Collections. However, note that: There is a work around for jail-broken Touch's, see [Kindle Touch] Calibre Kindle Collections Plug-in Hooks

There are stand-alone managers, but they also don't work on the Touch.
I use this method. Well, at least until the latest firmware update since I can't figure out how to get Launcher to work now.
pookakitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:53 PM   #9
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pookakitten View Post
...since I can't figure out how to get Launcher to work now.
You can use this version
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:40 PM   #10
pookakitten
Connoisseur
pookakitten began at the beginning.

Device: K5
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
You can use this version
Thank you so much. Works like a charm.
pookakitten is offline   Reply With Quote