Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-19-2007, 03:44 AM   #1
pitolee
Connoisseur
pitolee began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader
Book Designer - Page Break Line is not showing?

I'm working on HarryT's tutorial and when I get to the "add a page break before the Contents page. I click the 4th button but it does not show the rule designating a page break... It also does not seem to put one in...

What am i doing wrong?
pitolee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 04:37 AM   #2
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
If you hover over the button, it should say something like "insert manual page break" and insert a horizontal line in the text.
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2007, 05:08 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It sounds as though you are using the wrong button. Should be the 4th one up from the bottom in the leftmost of the three columns in the "Corrector" tool palette. When you click the corrector palette to active it, and hover the mouse over the button, it should say "Insert page break after current selection".

Are you using the latest version of BD?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 05:10 AM   #4
pitolee
Connoisseur

AH! It works just as HarryT advertised!

I was not clicking on the Fourth button, but on the fifth, sixth and seventh that show the BR, thinking it meant BREAK... but they do not do the same thing as the fourth button.... in hovering now i see that it inserts a LINE break....

my bad...
Old 04-19-2007, 09:16 AM   #5
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
yup, that's what I said too (just wrong quote, same gist). Course, Harry wrote the guide, and has made a ton-'o-LRF's, so I'm sure he knows the UI better than I.
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2007, 01:31 PM   #6
vvv
Zealot
vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iLiad, Librie, REB1100, GEB2150, GEB1150, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitolee
I'm working on HarryT's tutorial and when I get to the "add a page break before the Contents page. I click the 4th button but it does not show the rule designating a page break... It also does not seem to put one in...

What am i doing wrong?
Try Alt+X. To insert user page breaks into lrf - ontions -> check "user page breaks"
vvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 09:26 PM   #7
pitolee
Connoisseur

Thanks for the gist, Azayzel! [Look forward to your uploading a public domain manga...]

And i am beginning to realize the power of the keyboard shortcuts! Thank you vvv!