Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-31-2014, 11:12 AM   #1
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
Sony->Kobo transfer browser/printer alert

Hi,

I suggest you do this procedure using a computer.

I don't know if this is unique to Apple devices and the Safari browser, but just wanted to send out a little warning.

This morning I got my transfer link via e-mail and went through the procedure of transferring my Sony library to my Kobo account. I did all of this on my iPad, using the Safari browser. After this was done, I ended up on a page in my browser with detailed lists of the books which did and did not transfer. The web pages said to print for your records, which I did. What came out was 2 pages of mostly solid black ink. The book titles did not show up, although I could see the authors' names, so this will be somewhat helpful. If you leave that page, you will not be able to get it back. I was going to try to copy/paste the contents of the page to a notepad, but I wasn't successful and ended up navigating off the page, so it's gone.

Other than that...lost 12 books, but they were freebies and I still do have copies on a PC hard drive.

I just wanted to warn people about the above scenario and maybe save someone else using up a whole bunch of black ink.
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 05:45 PM   #2
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Just in case anybody's wondering - it did print for me using Internet Explorer on a PC
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 06:26 PM   #3
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
Just in case anybody's wondering - it did print for me using Internet Explorer on a PC
That's good. I figured I would warn people to use a PC to print that page, since the rendering from my iPad wasn't so great. Huge waste of black ink.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:28 PM   #4
jswinden
Nameless Being

If you upgraded to iOS 7.1, did your printer driver get an update after you upgraded? If not maybe there was a driver issue.
Old 03-31-2014, 07:24 PM   #5
49Kat
Fanatic

I think my printer did get an update, actually. I had to update its firmware to get it to work with my new windows laptop.

In PC browser/print settings, I remember seeing an option to choose to have background colours print or not. I think Firefox has it set to not print background colour. This isn't present when printing from my iPad, it's quite basic. The iPad finds the printer on the wireless network and I can select number of copies, and that is it. I do a lot of printing from the iPad and I've never had something like this happen before. I'm assuming it's just the way Kobo rendered that particular web page.
Old 04-01-2014, 01:01 PM   #6
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
I copied and pasted my Sony to Kobo "did not transfer list" into my iPad Notes. Wish I could sort list into alphabetical order lol!
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 04:22 PM   #7
detayls
Addict
detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, Kindle Voyage
Consider Excel for iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookratt View Post
I copied and pasted my Sony to Kobo "did not transfer list" into my iPad Notes. Wish I could sort list into alphabetical order lol!
If you are an Office 365 user you can download Excel for iPad and practice your copy and paste skills on the iPad and then sort in Excel.
detayls is offline   Reply With Quote