Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

View Poll Results: For converting epub to mobi, do you prefer Calibre or KindleGen/Kindle Previewer?
Calibre 22 52.38%
KindleGen/Kindle Previewer 20 47.62%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-22-2012, 12:38 AM   #16
Klip
Enthusiast
Klip began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldpilot View Post
After resisting it for a long time, I finally followed Hitch's advice to upload epubs to the KDP. I have mostly worked in html, and if I use Word for any reason I convert it to html at the word2cleanhtml.com website. I have developed a fairly comprehensive style sheet, which I add to the word2clean file (which does require some checking). I then open the html in Sigil and build a good epub with cover, metadata, and TOC. I then upload that epub to the various retailers including Amazon KDP.

So I really never touch a mobi file at all, never mind Calibre (which, as others have said, won't make it past the KDP Kopz in some instances).
This sounds like a good method. The only downside I can see is that I like having a format that I can test on a Kindle or the Previewer before I upload it.
Klip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:47 PM   #17
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klip View Post
This sounds like a good method. The only downside I can see is that I like having a format that I can test on a Kindle or the Previewer before I upload it.
Klip:

All you have to do is drop the ePUB onto KP and you can see the book in MOBI.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert