Notices

Old 07-26-2008, 03:47 PM   #301
Zevs
Book lover!!
Zevs doesn't litterZevs doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader 505; Nowadays Stanza, Kindle, Txtr and Bluefire on iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherchance View Post
So with these new formats becoming available, and for those of you more familiar with the other ebook stores/sources than myself, where are the best places to go to get books in ePub or Adobe DE, without having to go through conversion processes?

I see Feedbooks is one place I can go, where else?
I wouldn't bother with the Adobe DE files, they look like crap on the reader unfortunately!

Zevs
Zevs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 06:00 PM   #302
TedPark
Zealot
TedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Sony 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherchance View Post
My only gripe with the update was that they STILL don't have authors names on the BooksByDate menu.
But even more important for me - do they allow the Author menu to sort by the last name - or at least use the "reading" attribute?
TedPark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 05:24 AM   #303
jakewastaken
Media Whore.
jakewastaken has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jakewastaken has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jakewastaken has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedPark View Post
But even more important for me - do they allow the Author menu to sort by the last name - or at least use the "reading" attribute?
I just add Lastname, firstname to the sort field in the books' metatags to get the sorting to work via last name but still see the names the normal way in the list.
jakewastaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 06:46 AM   #304
alreds
alreds began at the beginning.

Device: PRS505LC, iPad2, iPhone5, Kindle KB, Kindle PW, Kindle Fire
Is it possible to rename the book titles in Digital Editions? I have loaded my PRS505 with some pdf files and everything is working fine with the new firmware, however I'd like to edit some titles/authors, so I'd like to know if this is possible to do within DE, and if so, how to do it. Thank you in advance for any feedback.
alreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 08:08 AM   #305
BobVA
Addict
BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara, Sony PRS950, T1, T2, T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by alreds View Post
...I have loaded my PRS505 with some pdf files and everything is working fine with the new firmware, however I'd like to edit some titles/authors...
Check out:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=288

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...60&postcount=2

Regards,
Bob
BobVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 08:41 AM   #306
alreds

Bob, thanks for your quick reply. Unfortunately these didn't work for me. With the first suggestion I was not able to change anything when I right click as the information is embedded on the file and doesn't allow for any changes. Regarding second suggestion, I don't own PDF creator, so I can't do anything either.
Old 07-27-2008, 08:55 AM   #307
Danielle
Enthusiast
Danielle can eat soup with a fork.Danielle can eat soup with a fork.Danielle can eat soup with a fork.Danielle can eat soup with a fork.Danielle can eat soup with a fork.Danielle can eat soup with a fork.Danielle can eat soup with a fork.Danielle can eat soup with a fork.Danielle can eat soup with a fork.Danielle can eat soup with a fork.Danielle can eat soup with a fork.

Device: sony 950, eReader from eBookwise.com (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suineg View Post
Dying to get this onto a PRS-500 !!
I hope Sony does not forget us either.
Danielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 09:25 AM   #308
jennaclaire
Enthusiast
jennaclaire began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobVA View Post
I'm curious what format folks are seeing these in - was it ePub? My local library seems to be using Adobe PDF.
its an adobe DE file. and it worked perfectly.
jennaclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 09:32 AM   #309
alreds

PRS505 Firmware update

Quote:
Originally Posted by alreds View Post
Bob, thanks for your quick reply. Unfortunately these didn't work for me. With the first suggestion I was not able to change anything when I right click as the information is embedded on the file and doesn't allow for any changes. Regarding second suggestion, I don't own PDF creator, so I can't do anything either.
Please note that I figured it how to do it now. I tried editing the "manifest.xml" file which resides in the ADE folder with Notepad and it worked! Now I can edit the title/author to whatever I want and it shows up nicely in the ADE. Thanks again for your feedback that brought up the idea.
Old 07-27-2008, 10:52 AM   #310
TedPark
Zealot
TedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Sony 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakewastaken View Post
I just add Lastname, firstname to the sort field in the books' metatags to get the sorting to work via last name but still see the names the normal way in the list.
That works beautifully - just what I want - in CALIBRE. Buy my reader itself organizes the authors by the normal author name.
TedPark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 02:34 PM   #311
zechs
zechs began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
While this is great for owners of the PRS 505 - it is definetely sad news for us owners of the PRS 500
zechs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 04:40 PM   #312
bobbarkerissatan
bobbarkerissatan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bobbarkerissatan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bobbarkerissatan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: prs500
Sony does not care about early adopters of their products.

In turn, I will not not buy any of Sony's new devices.

Please, someone show me some real proof that a memory limitation is what's keeping the prs500 from getting a new firmware.
bobbarkerissatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 05:15 PM   #313
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbarkerissatan View Post
Please, someone show me some real proof that a memory limitation is what's keeping the prs500 from getting a new firmware.
You mean beside the fact that the 500's RAM is only about half of what this DE thing requires to function, I assume.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 06:23 PM   #314
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
You mean beside the fact that the 500's RAM is only about half of what this DE thing requires to function, I assume.

The 128MB requirement is how much DE needs to run on a
PC.

The 505 isn't running DE. And anyway, someone (igorsk) has already taken apart the firmware and told us that the various parts are only slightly larger than before.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 07:16 PM   #315
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
The 128MB requirement is how much DE needs to run on a PC.

The 505 isn't running DE. And anyway, someone (igorsk) has already taken apart the firmware and told us that the various parts are only slightly larger than before.
The size of the code is one thing. The amount of memory the code needs to run is quite another. I wouldn't be surprised if the memory required in terms of things like work area for the new PDF reflow code did exceed what was available on the 500.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adobe, digital editions, epub, firmware, pdf, prs500, reflow, update