Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 10-15-2014, 11:43 AM   #1
Jmirko
Recovered collector
Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: see signature
Request for Hanvon sub-forum

Hi,

I am writing to request a sub-forum dedicated to Hanvon ebook readers. Hanvon is the largest ebook reader manufacturer in China. Although it's focusing on Asian markets, its readers can be purchased on Ebay, AliExpress, and other online stores. Their latest models represent the state-of-the-art in ereader technology.
I would like to exchange information with other Hanvon users (and potential users) via MobileRead, and this would be much easier with a dedicated forum. If you could create a "Hanvon" category under "E-Book readers" - "More E-Book readers", that would be great.
Please note that the "More E-Book readers" category contains some devices that are much more obscure than Hanvon, and some which were never even brought to market.

Thanks in advance!
Jmirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 07:04 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I know that with other devices / topics the Mods have waited until there is an active community / discussions happening before splitting them into their own dedicated sub forum.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2014, 04:52 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
That is correct. We will only create a sub-forum once there is a sufficient number of discussion threads about the device to justify such a forum.

To the OP: can you provide links to discussions of Hanvon devices (on MR), please, so that we can judge the level of discussion about them?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 02:40 PM   #4
Jmirko
Recovered collector
Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
That is correct. We will only create a sub-forum once there is a sufficient number of discussion threads about the device to justify such a forum.

To the OP: can you provide links to discussions of Hanvon devices (on MR), please, so that we can judge the level of discussion about them?
Please note I am not asking for a prominent sub-forum like that for Kindles or Sonys - merely a humble sub-section under "More E-Book readers".

A quick search of the MR Forum reveals that there are 104 threads with "Hanvon" in the title, and 500 threads with "Hanvon" somewhere in the text. I hope you don't expect me to copy all the links here :-)

By comparison, there are 69 threads under "Interead COOL-ER", 53 threads under "Netronics", and 8 threads under "Plastic Logic Que". All of those have their own sections under "More E-book readers".

I hope this is sufficient evidence for a favorable decision, oh Mighty Mods :-) (Please don't mind a bit of fun - I think you guys are doing a great job of keeping this place in order)
Old 10-18-2014, 01:40 PM   #5
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
I do believe Hanvon has a place here. I have lots of them in the wiki.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2014, 09:21 AM   #6
Jmirko
Recovered collector

Hi Harry/Moderators,

So how about that Hanvon subforum? Please??? Maybe could bring it for Christmas?

I just ordered my Hanvon E930 (maybe the first one in Europe?), and it would be a pity if I needed to post my review to the lowly "Other" category...
Old 12-15-2014, 09:31 AM   #7
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Well you could...they'll just move it to the Hanvon forum if/when they make it. So you can write your review but not worry about it being stuck there if the mods end up honoring your request *smiley face here*

ETA: apparently this forum hates my smilies so please excuse the silliness.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote