Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-07-2010, 07:43 AM   #1
Tazzers
Tazzers began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS600
Do not disconnect

Hello. I have bought a Sony PRS600, it arrived today and it is currently plugged into my laptop. I have installed the eBook library but I can't do anything more. There is a note on screen saying 'Do not disconnect'. It has been like that for hours and because there is nothing to tell me what is happening it looks like the thing has hung or is stuck in a loop. Can somebody tell me what is going on and how long I can expect it to be that way because there is nothing in the quick start guide to explain it.

Cheers

Phil
Tazzers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 07:54 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Restart your computer, and when it goes through the process of rebooting, you SHOULD be able to disconnect without any problems.

This worked with me, but I can't guarantee it will work for you.

After that, check the status of your Reader, to see if it has indeed been charged.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2010, 08:01 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The "Do not disconnect" message appears on the Reader's screen whenever it's connected to the eBook Library software. It will stay that way until you eject it from EBL (click the triangle symbol alongside the Reader icon). This is entirely normal.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 08:01 AM   #4
Tazzers

Thankyou Dr Drib. Would it be just as well to switch the computer off?
Old 01-07-2010, 08:04 AM   #5
Tazzers

Thankyou Harry, that is a major tip, like I said, it doesn't mention any of this in the little booklet. Is there anything in particular that I have to do to transfer my ebooks to the device or does this happen automatically?
Advert
Old 01-07-2010, 08:07 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What books? Books you've bought from a commercial eBook store, or free books such as you can download here?

Commercial books such automatically show up in the "Library" screen of EBL - drag them from there onto the Reader.

Free stuff you can just drag from Windows Explorer onto the "Reader" icon in EBL.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:08 AM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Do what Harry suggests first, and look to see if the circle with a line through it is gone; ---- anyway, use the "Disconnect" [from your computer] and then look to see if anything has changed on the Reader's screen.

If nothing has changed, then you should probably "Restart" the computer.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 08:18 AM   #8
Tazzers

I did what Harry suggested, thanks folks I really appreciate your time. I think I am beginning to figure it all out now thanks to your initial pointers.

Cheers

Phil
Old 01-07-2010, 08:29 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Happy to help .