Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 04-29-2008, 01:18 PM   #1
wmrawls
Connoisseur
wmrawls began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Dell Axim X50V
Since before 2000 - Books from Baen

I was just going through my Baen account, contemplating my next purchase or more specificity "window shopping" to see what would catch my eye and noticed the listing of all my purchases from Baen and was surprised to see the amount I had ordered $ wise....$390 just for e-books. WOW, now I still buy hard backs and paper backs but I was still surprised I had spent so much on E-books.

Manxome Foe
Selina Rosen Collection
Queen of Denial
Recycled
Chains of Freedom
Chains of Destruction
Strange Robby
Vorpal Blade
The Guns of Two-Space
One Day on Mars
Dead Easy
Yellow Eyes
1634: The Baltic War
The Dance of Time
A Deeper Blue-ARC
Paladins II: Knight Moves
Unto the Breach
Boundary
Thraxas Under Siege
Conqueror
Darkness and Dawn
Empire From the Ashes
The Genesis Machine
Here There Be Dragonnes
The Isle Beyond Time
Lady Slings the Booze
There Will be Dragons
A Civil Campaign
Komarr
Diplomatic Immunity
Ring of Fire
The Road to Damascus
The Guardians of the Flame
Soldiers
Alternate Generals II
The City and the Ship
Eternal Frontier
In Enemy Hands
Kren of the Mitchegai
The Road to Damascus
Seas of Venus
1634: The Galileo Affair
Emerald Sea
The Amazing Dr. Darwin

The Cobra Trilogy
The Cold Equations
Death and Thraxas
Interstellar Patrol
Paladins
The Rats, the Bats and the Ugly
Berserker Man
Cally's War
Disappearing Act
Legions of Space
Mountain Magic
Siege Perilous
Conrad Stargard: The Radiant Warrior
The Far Side of the Stars
Insurrection
Tinker
Very Bad Deaths
Warp Speed
Against the Tide
Berserker Death
Cosmic Tales: Adventures in Far Futures
Forge of the Titans
Moonstruck
This Scepter'd Isle
Conrad's Time Machine
The Course of Empire
E. Godz
Ill Met by Moonlight
Interstellar Patrol II: The Federation of Humanity
Lord of the Isles
Man-Kzin Wars X: The Wunder War
The Prometheus Project
We Few
Alternate Generals III
The Creatures of Man
Crown of Slaves
Dark Companion
The Quantum Connection
The Return of Nathan Brazil
Gods and Androids
Into the Looking Glass
A Logic Named Joe
This Rough Magic
Thraxas and the Sorcerers
The Time of Troubles I
Ghost
Ghost - ARC
Watch on the Rhine
Blackcollar
Blood of the Heroes
Masters of Fantasy
90 Trillion Fausts
Princess of Wands
The Two-Space War
The Wizard of Karres
Kildar
East of the Sun, West of the Moon
Thraxas at War
1634: The Ram Rebellion
The Tide of Victory
Blackcollar: The Judas Solution
Choosers of the Slain
Von Neumann's War

Of course this is only the ones I purchase and not the free downloads they provide. (And some of these are now Free but were formally a purchase item)

Lots of good reading in there.

Not sure of the point of the post other than to wonder if anyone else keeps up with their expenditures E VS. Written?
wmrawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 01:30 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Webscriptions tells me that I've spent the rather scary total of US$1596 there. I've bought every "Webscription" package since they opened for business, plus most of the "bundles", too .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2008, 01:32 PM   #3
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
I've been buying books from ereader.com for quite a while, and reading them on my Palm. I've racked up over $1000 there....
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 02:01 PM   #4
wmrawls
Connoisseur
wmrawls began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Dell Axim X50V
Ya'll have me beat by a mile. And I consider myself a very avid and rapid reader, of course the library gets a lot of my trade..........
wmrawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 02:12 PM   #5
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Can't beat Harry but my Baen total is $426. That plus about $300 at Fictionwise and maybe another $200 other places Plus pbooks and library. All since about 2000.

I currently have more "unread" books than ever before.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2008, 02:47 PM   #6
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Well I've only been buying ebooks since November 07 so I'm sure many of you have spent a lot more, but I just added mine up & it's kinda frightening...

Fictionwise $1,011.04
Books On Board $133.82
Baen $55.00
Simonsays $27.65
ebooks.com $16.98

...of course my dead tree expenditures have been almost nil since I started buying ebooks.

I think I've spent $7 or $8 at Sony's store too.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 03:26 PM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Well I've only been buying ebooks since November 07 so I'm sure many of you have spent a lot more, but I just added mine up & it's kinda frightening...

Fictionwise $1,011.04
Books On Board $133.82
Baen $55.00
Simonsays $27.65
ebooks.com $16.98

...of course my dead tree expenditures have been almost nil since I started buying ebooks.

I think I've spent $7 or $8 at Sony's store too.
Is that right, you've spend almost $1500 on books in 6 months? That's about $250 a month on books.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 03:35 PM   #8
alia
Bookworm
alia began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen 3
Wow... I just checked my expenditures. Since getting my Cybook in January, I've spent $664.42 at BooksOnBoard (not even counting the $163.32 I've gotten and spent in Rewards dollars). At least it's on books and not crack...
alia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 04:15 PM   #9
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Is that right, you've spend almost $1500 on books in 6 months? That's about $250 a month on books.

BOb
That's right
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 04:17 PM   #10
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by alia View Post
At least it's on books and not crack...
not that it's any less addictive...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 04:26 PM   #11
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
But it's healthier and higher in fiber!
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 04:29 PM   #12
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
But it's healthier and higher in fiber!
hmm, you might be doing it wrong... :
Old 04-29-2008, 04:30 PM   #13
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You recycle your way, and I'll recycle mine.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:38 PM   #14
zelda_pinwheel

(where's the smiley crinkling up its nose ??)
Old 04-29-2008, 04:48 PM   #15
NatCh
Gizmologist

(it's on the list of smilies we need to add)