Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-12-2011, 09:51 AM   #1
anabolina
Groupie
anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current: tablet, kindle paperwhite, onyx boox t68. Past: Sony, nook
Just loaded some books onto it and it says there are none, but there are collections

I picked up a second-hand PRS-300 for my grandmother last night and spent much of last night afterward looking through my own collection of ebooks and Project Gutenberg to ensure she will have plenty of ebooks on it when I give it to her at her b-day party tonight. I personally have owned the PRS-350 for a couple of weeks now and love it, and I've noticed a difference when I load files.

On the 350, I load the files and after disconnecting, it thinks for awhile and then goes to the home screen. The 300 is doing something else. I load 95 ebooks onto it and it keeps trying to process and then open each ebook. I can also see behind the arrow thing between it's attempts to open the files and it shows that there are 135 collections and no ebooks. Weird. I've just been letting it cycle through while I try to figure out what went wrong. The guy I bought it from last night had about 30 ebooks on it and I opened them and it worked fine so I brought it home and formated it and left it charging over night. The ebooks I've loaded onto it are epubs converted from various formats via Calibre and a few LRF files as well. I used Calibre to load the files onto the reader as well.

I understand that the 300 should be compatible with the epubs, right?

Is there some step I'm missing?

ETA: I ended up freezing it up for about an hour and really freaking out before I got it to connect to the computer and reformatted it again and transferred the books via the Reader Library instead and that seems to be a more stable way to transfer the files to the PRS-300

Last edited by anabolina; 02-12-2011 at 11:21 AM.
anabolina is offline   Reply With Quote