Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-28-2009, 06:10 PM   #1
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
real noobee question

I have read the user manual, but I don't understand how you "pass arguments" to, say, any2epub. The user manual shows: "any2epub [options] filename" - so where do you put this phrase? I know it is probably obvious, but I just can't figure it out. Thanks.

Lynn
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 08:30 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
any2epub --title "my lovevely book" file.html
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 10:40 PM   #3
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Lynn,

Do you know how to use a Command Prompt? (DOS Shell)?
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 07:49 AM   #4
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
any2epub --title "my lovevely book" file.html
I create this and add it just as if I were adding a book into Calibre? Or do I add it into the zip file of my books?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frabjous View Post
Lynn,

Do you know how to use a Command Prompt? (DOS Shell)?
Yes, I do - I'm an old DOS programmer, which is why I feel so inadequate when I can't figure out some of the newer programming.

Lynn
Old 03-01-2009, 12:27 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What do you want to accomplish?
Old 03-01-2009, 01:01 PM   #6
peaceridge
Guru

I have several books that make up a series - right now in lit format, converted by Calibre to lrf format. I would like to combine them into one book, with a table of contents that is hyperlinked to each of the books.

Somewhere on this forum I saw that if I converted them into html, I could then add a hyperlinked table of contents, but when I converted them and brought them into Calibre I couldn't figure out how to do a TOC - that is what I was asking here in my roundabout way.

I did get the TOC hyperlinked in Word's rtf format, but when I moved it into the 700 (and also when I converted it in Calibre) it lost the hyperlink. I'm one of those that wants to put everything on my 700 and wish we could do collections within collections. Combining each series into one ebook seems to be perhaps the best option. Thanks.

Lynn

Lynn
Old 03-01-2009, 01:06 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

create a toc.html that contains links to all the other html files. Make sure the links work by opening the toc.html in firefox. Add the toc.html to calibre. Then convert to an ebook format.
Old 03-01-2009, 01:08 PM   #8
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
create a toc.html that contains links to all the other html files. Make sure the links work by opening the toc.html in firefox. Add the toc.html to calibre. Then convert to an ebook format.
Cool. I have d/l the Wikipedia DVD and I want to make a mobi book out of it. I expected calibre to traversed the zip and add all html files to the book.

Won't calibre do this for me? If not, I guess I should create a rake task to create a toc.html???

Will calibre grab the h1 tags from the linked files to use in the TOC, or do the anchor tags need text attribute?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 01:36 PM   #9
peaceridge
Guru

Quote:
Works perfect! Thank you so much - I knew there had to be a solution - and it is a very simple one!

Lynn
Old 03-01-2009, 06:11 PM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

@pilotbob calibre has many very flexibe ways of auto generating the TOC. It can grab links or it can grab h1 (or any other tags) if you use the --level*-toc options