Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 08-21-2008, 02:20 AM   #1
Breakfast
Breakfast began at the beginning.

Device: Ipod Touch
New Member - and a question...non English ebooks stores

Good Afternoon
I'm a new member - just having discovered mobileread.com....I'm a grumpy bookdag from Canberra, Australia.

I got my Ipod touch in January, to use as an ebook reader....and it has since taken over my life.

Here's a question - I'm not sure where to post it - are there Francophone and Germanophone bookstores? Are there threads about them?

I've squinted dubiously at the French Language fora, and there seemed to be a focus on free and non DRM book sites.

I'm looking forward to wondering around the fora of like-minded people!

Thankyou.
Breakfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 12:56 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Breakfast and welcome to the Forum. I have an iPhone and, were it not for my Sony eBook Reader, I'd be reading on that all the time.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 01:04 PM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
hi breakfast, and welcome to the forum.

if you are looking for french language ebooks, take a look at this thread as a starting point, where a member has ambitiously begun to collect lists of different sites (some free like gutenberg project or gallica, some bookstores). i recommend you follow the links, since not all the ressources are in that thread.

also take a look in the wiki (link at the top of the page) ; there are several pages listing ebook sources, some of which are in german and possibly french.

and, don't forget the ebooks available for free here ("e-books" link in the blue navigation bar at the top of the page) ; to find french language books, do a tag search for "français" or "french" (how to do a tag search : see my sticky in the french language forum).

edit : oh, and of course since you're using an ipod touch to read, be sure to visit feedbooks.com as well, the ebook site of our very own hadrien.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 08:12 AM   #4
Breakfast
Breakfast began at the beginning.

Device: Ipod Touch
Thankyou! I will!

Nanette
Breakfast is offline   Reply With Quote