Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-06-2010, 04:18 PM   #1
Elssha
Elssha began at the beginning.

Device: itouch
problem with EPUB books showing up in itouch catalog

Hi, I'm running Ubuntu 10.04, with calibre 7.17
I followed the instructions on the website (ipad profile, server up and running with password), but while the stanza on my itouch sees the "books in calibre (on XXXX)" under 'shared', it then simply continues in a loading loop and does not display any books.
I have previously converted books from an older distro of calibre (and stanza, it's been a while since i uploaded) and i converted a couple under the new ipad profile to check if that might be the problem. Neither is.
Thanks for any input,
El
Elssha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 05:19 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
the first thing to do is remove the password temporarily.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2010, 06:02 PM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I found the current version of Stanza can be very finicky about accessing password protected sites. Older versions of Stanza seemed to have less trouble.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 01:15 AM   #4
Elssha

nope... still nothing
plus it sometimes still sees the server after I close calibre (for a bit).
I got it to open up the catalog just after i restarted the computer, but when i tried to DL a book it gave me errors about it not existing and after i DLed one from an online catalog it again did the loading loop (until it timed out... gave it a long stop time) >_<
Old 09-07-2010, 01:43 AM   #5
Elssha

i was able to DL a series by restarting the comp, then without touching calibre going into stanza as soon as calibre loaded but when i tired to DL a second i got the error again (this time i wrote it down);
Catalog Error
a server with that specified
hostname could not be found
>_<
anyone else see this problem come up?
Advert
Old 10-04-2010, 02:14 AM   #6
Elssha

Anyone have any ideas?
Reading books is the main reason I use the Itouch and now it's basically unreachable as far as new books are concerned.