Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 04-21-2013, 09:01 PM   #1
MikeGolf
Connoisseur
MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire
Kindle fire HD 8.9 time to read

I don't quite know what happened but my time to read just stopped working. I'm a little more than half way through a book and it started displaying just the location. This is a side loaded mobile book. It was working for the first half of the book. I have done a complete power down and restart.

Any ideas?
MikeGolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:04 PM   #2
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Did you tap it on that spot? If the table of contents is correctly done, you should be able to get Loc, time left in chapter, time left in book, by tapping that spot.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2013, 09:39 PM   #3
MikeGolf
Connoisseur
MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

I've tapped it multiple times and it still just shows the location. It's odd that it was working for over half of the book.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:05 PM   #4
beckywc
Addict
beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini w/Retina, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, & Asus Transformer
Mines has done the same thing, others have reported it happening to them as well. Some have even reported that it never worked right for them since the update. So I believe it's hit or miss.
beckywc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:26 PM   #5
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I wonder if it is the book, with an improperly formatted table of contents. I would check it on the computer and see, and fix it if needed, then reload it. (that involves it having no DRM and converting to epub to fix it).
Advert
Old 04-22-2013, 08:18 PM   #6
MikeGolf
Connoisseur

I just pulled up one of my Amazon purchased books from the cloud and the time to read works. For some reason the side loaded book still doesn't. Very odd. Why would it have worked for over half of the book?
Old 04-22-2013, 08:55 PM   #7
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

It has to do with the table of contents. It doesn't "work" for the second half. Though I would think it would show time left in book, if time left in chapter isn't working. That is strange.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:36 PM   #8
MikeGolf
Connoisseur

No one may ever read this topic but I have created my own solution.
1. Remove book from the carousel.
2. Use a file explorer to move the side loaded book from document folder to a temp directory.
3. Remove the additional Kindle created files (mine contained a complete folder with associated files) This is likely where the corrupt file is located.
4. Restart your kindle.
5. Move book back to your documents folder.
6. Open your book and synchronize to furthest page read.

Voila the TtR is working again.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:17 AM   #9
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

That is great, Mike. Glad to see you solved it. I, too, am very attached to the time-to-read feature. I think it is one of the best things Amazon programmers have done.