Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-29-2007, 07:41 PM   #31
Jadon
Hermit
Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
If you insist on using browser other than Firefox
"Block Content" isn't even a separate install in Opera. It's just a right-click away, then permanently banish any ads or other intrusive page cruft with a click. No one who's willing to make minimal effort need see ads in browsers today, and ads in other media are as easily clipped, with book ads no different if they become common.
Jadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 04:58 PM   #32
adinb
RSS & Gadget Addict!
adinb is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-500, iPod Touch, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadon View Post
"Block Content" isn't even a separate install in Opera. It's just a right-click away, then permanently banish any ads or other intrusive page cruft with a click. No one who's willing to make minimal effort need see ads in browsers today, and ads in other media are as easily clipped, with book ads no different if they become common.
Ditto with Omniweb; just turn on ad-blocking in the preferences. You can even block those little snapweb preview adverts. (Thank God!)
adinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2007, 10:44 AM   #33
catsittingstill
Guru
catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1.0.8, iPod Touch, Kindle Keyboard
"It's already been proven by Baen and others that electronic publishing works best in parallel to hardcopy, not as a replacement.

People can surf the cheap ebooks, and what they like, they will buy in hardcopy."

Well, and further books in ecopy too... at least, that's how it's looking for me. Now that I'm hooked on a couple of the free copies of the early books, I'll be wringing out the food budget to gather a few bucks for the pay copies of the next ebooks.

But I grant you that free ebooks seem to be keeping the paper versions of the same books alive.
catsittingstill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 01:26 PM   #34
eppythacher
Connoisseur
eppythacher can teach chickens to fly.eppythacher can teach chickens to fly.eppythacher can teach chickens to fly.eppythacher can teach chickens to fly.eppythacher can teach chickens to fly.eppythacher can teach chickens to fly.eppythacher can teach chickens to fly.eppythacher can teach chickens to fly.eppythacher can teach chickens to fly.eppythacher can teach chickens to fly.eppythacher can teach chickens to fly.

Device: prs-500, prs-650
As you get older three things happen. The first is your memory goes, and I can't remember the other two...
~ Sir Norman Wisdom ~

I'm so old they've cancelled my blood type.
~ Bob Hope ~

There is absolutely nothing to be said in favour of growing old. There ought to be leglislation against it.
~ Patrick Moore ~

The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.
~ Lucille Ball ~

Middle age is the time when a man is always thinking that in a week or two he will feel as good as ever.
~ Don Marquis ~

When I was young I was called a rugged individualist. When I was in my fifties I was considered eccentric. Here I am doing and saying the same things I did then and I'm labeled senile.
~ George Burns (Just you and me Kid, 1979) ~

Yes, time flies. And where did it leave you? Old too soon...smart too late.
~ Mike Tyson ~

You know you're getting old when you can pinch an inch on your forehead.
~ John Mendoza ~

As you get older, the pickings get slimmer, but the people don't.
~ Carrie Fisher ~

As we grow older, our bodies get shorter and our anecdotes longer.
~ Robert Quillen ~

People say that age is just a state of mind. I say it's more about the state of your body.
~ Geoffrey Parfitt ~

I'm back... and you knew I was coming. On my way here I passed a cinema with the sign 'The Mummy Returns'.
~ Margaret Thatcher (on campaigning for Conservative William Hague, May 2001) ~

When I was a boy the Dead Sea was only sick.
~ George Burns ~

A stockbroker urged me to buy a stock that would triple its value every year. I told him, 'At my age, I don't even buy green bananas'.
~ Claude D. Pepper ~
eppythacher is offline   Reply With Quote