Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-15-2012, 11:18 PM   #31
DVDCatalyst
DVD Catalyst Developer
DVDCatalyst knows what time it isDVDCatalyst knows what time it isDVDCatalyst knows what time it isDVDCatalyst knows what time it isDVDCatalyst knows what time it isDVDCatalyst knows what time it isDVDCatalyst knows what time it isDVDCatalyst knows what time it isDVDCatalyst knows what time it isDVDCatalyst knows what time it isDVDCatalyst knows what time it is

Device: NOOK color, tablet, hd, hd+, Kindle Touch, Fire, Fire HD, Fire HD+
Thank you Andy,

You and DVD Cat go back a while. You started a bit over 5 years ago with v2.3

I've been working on MovieGallery the last couple of months (check newsletter 80 on my site for screenshots) and tested it with the Fire HD this week, and that runs nicely full-screen. It has the little menu-lip, but it looks and runs buttery smooth
DVDCatalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:53 PM   #32
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Per the recommendations here (thanks everyone!), over the past few days I have downloaded and used Handbreak, Handbreak and DVDSmith Movie Backup freeware, and DVDCatalyst. My experience is as follows--

Handbreak alone: worked on older DVD's...did not work on several newer ones. Not too hard to figure out...need to add a 'helper' file. Took several hours per DVD.

Handbreak and DVDSmith: Worked on the newer DVD's that Handbreak alone could not. Not as easy to accomplish (hint: DVDSmith- whole DVD and highly enhanced). Took about one hour longer than Handbreak alone.

DVDCatalyst: Has worked on everything so far. QUICK and EASY...same DVD's took less than 1 1/2 hours. I can't comment on how things look on a TV since I don't view files on one, but on my Fire the video is excellent.

Conclusion... while they all worked for viewing DVD's on my mobile device, I really like DVDCatalyst. It is simple, fast and the documentation is excellent. Strongly recommend especially at the current discount price of $9.95
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:26 PM   #33
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
On my Free Trail for DVDCatalyst it only did part of a movie not the whole movie Did I do something wrong
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:32 PM   #34
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
The free trial will only convert 25% of a movie...it's meant to let you try the product and see the quality of the output. I don't think you did anything wrong.
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:15 PM   #35
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OK LOL It did about that much on Green Mile!
Old 11-18-2012, 05:37 PM   #36
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

Device: Pocket Pro, Kindle Dx
Is there a trick to the Disney movies? My son loves Leroy and Stitch, but we have already gone threw three copies of it and I am having a hard time backing it up on his kindle.
nimblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:51 PM   #37
DVDCatalyst
DVD Catalyst Developer
DVDCatalyst knows what time it isDVDCatalyst knows what time it isDVDCatalyst knows what time it isDVDCatalyst knows what time it isDVDCatalyst knows what time it isDVDCatalyst knows what time it isDVDCatalyst knows what time it isDVDCatalyst knows what time it isDVDCatalyst knows what time it isDVDCatalyst knows what time it isDVDCatalyst knows what time it is

Device: NOOK color, tablet, hd, hd+, Kindle Touch, Fire, Fire HD, Fire HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimblem View Post
Is there a trick to the Disney movies? My son loves Leroy and Stitch, but we have already gone threw three copies of it and I am having a hard time backing it up on his kindle.
If you are using DVD Catalyst, have a look on my website for the "problem dvd list" in the right side menu (or use the link in the order confirmation for it), which contains a collection of "tricky" movies, along with working solutions for them.
DVDCatalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:29 PM   #38
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Disney Movies have some kind of Copy guard on them. I have Babes in Toyland org never have been able to copy it.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:13 AM   #39
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, KFHD7, GTab 8.4 Pro, iPadAir 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Disney Movies have some kind of Copy guard on them. I have Babes in Toyland org never have been able to copy it.
On my Windows system, DVD Decrypter+Handbrake works. On my Mac system, Handbrake works.
WillysJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:52 AM   #40
adamlautner2012
adamlautner2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adamlautner2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adamlautner2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adamlautner2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adamlautner2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adamlautner2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adamlautner2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adamlautner2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adamlautner2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adamlautner2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adamlautner2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
To DVD movies for KF HD, this guide will help:
http://www.aolor.com/how-to/convert-...hd-tablet.html

For more free alternatives other than handbrake, check the list of 11 best free dvd rippers.
adamlautner2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:53 AM   #41
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moderator Notice
To repeat. Please do not give details of DRM removal.

Thank you.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:03 AM   #42
mlewis78
Guru
mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 (7"); HDX 8.9"; Ipad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamlautner2012 View Post
To DVD movies for KF HD, this guide will help:
http://www.aolor.com/how-to/convert-...hd-tablet.html

For more free alternatives other than handbrake, check the list of 11 best free dvd rippers.
Are all the free ones just a trial? I downloaded the one on the aolor.com page and it says it will only rip 5 minutes of video, but I didn't find out until after I downloaded it.
mlewis78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:24 AM   #43
mlewis78
Guru
mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlewis78 View Post
Are all the free ones just a trial? I downloaded the one on the aolor.com page and it says it will only rip 5 minutes of video, but I didn't find out until after I downloaded it.
I am trying this out with Corpse Bride.

Later:

Tried it with my Corpse Bride dvd and put it on my KF HD. It had 5 min. of the movie, since it's just the trial version. I would have bought the software, but it was $39 plus $5 for "extended download service." No thanks.

How much is Handbrake and other software that any of you have for ripping dvds to mp.4 (that you like)?

Last edited by mlewis78; 11-20-2012 at 04:13 AM. Reason: to add to my note
Old 11-20-2012, 04:15 AM   #44
mlewis78
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlewis78 View Post
I am trying this out with Corpse Bride.

Later:

Tried it with my Corpse Bride dvd and put it on my KF HD. It had 5 min. of the movie, since it's just the trial version. I would have bought the software, but it was $39 plus $5 for "extended download service." No thanks.

How much is Handbrake and other software that any of you have for ripping dvds to mp.4 (that you like)?
BTW, the one I tried was Aiseesoft DVD Ripper Platinum ($39+).
Old 11-20-2012, 04:27 AM   #45
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Handbrake is free. Open Source, in fact. But I don't like it, personally.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote