Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-27-2011, 08:17 PM   #1
sucah
Connoisseur
sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK 3G, KT 3G, KPW, Odyssey HD, T1, 350, Glo, Mini, Aura HD, KPW2 3G
Page refresh on kindle unpredictable

Dear all, I need some help. I have Kindle 4, updated to 4.0.1.
The problem was in page refresh, have set to turn off, everytime I turn page on ebook (text only) sometimes the page refreshed every turn and sometimes refresh every 6th (normal). It happened on the same ebook. I know if I open blog or ebook with picture, refreshed on every turn. I've restart and the issue still remain, maybe it was a bug. Please inform if someone also have the same experience.
sucah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:29 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
I'd like to have this confirmed by someone with an actual K4 on their hands, but there's the possibility that the 'black flash' behaviour is forced on every page when the eInk controller gets too hot (namely, over 32°C), or too cold (under 17°C).

Apart from that, it's still the same technology, so the speed of said flash *will* change depending on the temperature, but that's nothing new.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 10-27-2011 at 08:32 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:55 PM   #3
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I own a K4 and have it set to refresh every page so I get a clean looking page to read. When I had it set the other way it only flashed every 6 pages instead.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 01:50 AM   #4
sucah
Connoisseur
sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK 3G, KT 3G, KPW, Odyssey HD, T1, 350, Glo, Mini, Aura HD, KPW2 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I own a K4 and have it set to refresh every page so I get a clean looking page to read. When I had it set the other way it only flashed every 6 pages instead.
try to open book with picture or pdf with refresh set to off, after that open book, sometimes page refresh flash on every turn.
sucah is offline   Reply With Quote