Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 07-04-2015, 05:08 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I hate my T62. What can I do with it?

I know there's a hacking community here devoted to Boyue devices.

I have a T62 (from Banggood). I don't like it, and I would love to try new firmwares and see if I can improve upon the performance.

Where should I start?
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 06:38 PM   #2
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
First of all, do you have a T62 B, C or D? Some firmwares work with one, but not the others. Knowing this would help people point you in a certain direction.

I have a T62D (or T62+ and an Onyx Boox C67ML Carta. I thought that the Onyx had the better firmware and that the Boyue had the better hardware overall. So, I used the ROM dumper tool found in the eReaders Kitchen thread to make a system.img of my Onyx, and then used the same tool to install it on my Boyue. I think that the Onyx firmware on the T62+ is a "best of both worlds" deal. You may be able to find people here (such as FOV) who have made firmwares from the Pearl C67ML that would work on a T62 C (or maybe B). Based on my experience, I recommend you start there.

You can also just download the update.zip for the Energy Sistem Pro or the Icarus Illumina and install one of those on your T62, but make sure you know what T62 you have and what version (B, C, or D) the firmware is designed for!

BTW, have any new info on the Boyue Shine?
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2015, 06:52 PM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Banggood said it was the T62. How do i tell the difference?
Old 07-04-2015, 07:01 PM   #4
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Banggood said it was the T62. How do i tell the difference?
Look in Settings/ Device info (if I remember correctly). It will tell you there which T62 you have.

Edit: It may be Settings/About device

Last edited by downeaster59; 07-04-2015 at 07:04 PM.
Old 07-04-2015, 07:32 PM   #5
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
Look in Settings/ Device info (if I remember correctly). It will tell you there which T62 you have.

Edit: It may be Settings/About device
It just says Boyue-T62.

I've had it since September, and it has a July firmware on it. So i think it is one of the first.
Advert
Old 07-04-2015, 08:20 PM   #6
downeaster59
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
It just says Boyue-T62.

I've had it since September, and it has a July firmware on it. So i think it is one of the first.
I had a T62 before my T62+. My guess is that you have a T62B, because the one I had only said "T62" in that about device section. You can check out the lengthy discussion in this thread - https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=245888&page=7 beginning at page 7 in the thread, when we all discovered that there were several versions out there of the T62. Someone in that thread may be able to help you determine whether you have a T62 B or C (those would be your only options, given how long you had it). My bet is B.

If you have B, you can use the Icarus Illumina or Energy Sistem pro ROMs. Regardless of which T62 you have, you can use the ROM dumper tool to install a system.img from a similar device, like the Onyx C67ML. You can find instructions for that process here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=254042
Old 07-07-2015, 03:36 PM   #7
Lucien Didier
Lucien Didier began at the beginning.

Device: Energy eReader Pro +
@downeaster59

I have the eReader Pro+ from the Spanish company Energy Sistem. It appears to be a rebranded copy of the T62D (or T62+).

Google Play is not working and I generally would like to improve its functionality. What can you recommend to improve it. didierm writes that his Pro+ comes with a secured adbd daemon. It is the same with the T62D? How did you tackle it?

Why do you prefer the Onyx C67ML over the stock ROM?
Lucien Didier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 05:17 PM   #8
downeaster59
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien Didier View Post
@downeaster59

I have the eReader Pro+ from the Spanish company Energy Sistem. It appears to be a rebranded copy of the T62D (or T62+).

Google Play is not working and I generally would like to improve its functionality. What can you recommend to improve it. didierm writes that his Pro+ comes with a secured adbd daemon. It is the same with the T62D? How did you tackle it?

Why do you prefer the Onyx C67ML over the stock ROM?
I didn't have any trouble with Google Play on my T62+. You may get a number of suggestions, but my suggestion is that you try a factory reset (if you have not done so already). That could fix your Google Play problem.

With my T62+, I didn't have any difficulties with ADB. I can't say what the problem might be with your Pro+. Sometimes people forget to do the simple things, like making sure their device is set properly for USB use before trying ADB.

Here are the reasons why I prefer the Onyx C67ML Carta ROM on my T62+:

Better battery life
Better stock reading apps (especially Neo Reader)
Slightly better contrast/readability on display

The Pro+ or T62+ ROMs are good overall, but I find that the Onyx C67ML Carta ROM is just a little bit better in at least those areas.
Old 07-07-2015, 05:27 PM   #9
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Normally I would be recommending KOreader, but the T62 is one that is having problems with the Koreader app. Hopefully, the team at the project on GitHub will fix the problem in a later release. The issue at Github.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 07:19 PM   #10
downeaster59
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
Normally I would be recommending KOreader, but the T62 is one that is having problems with the Koreader app. Hopefully, the team at the project on GitHub will fix the problem in a later release. The issue at Github.

Luck;
Ken
Thanks for the tip. I tried to install KOreader on my T62+ and on my Onyx Boox C67ML Carta. Both are now running the Onyx ROM. I wasn't able to open a book at all on the T62+. I was able to do so on the C67ML Carta, but the app crashes now and then. I was able to use it long enough to see a couple of pages of a book and see some of the page options. Looks promising.
Old 07-08-2015, 05:14 PM   #11
Lucien Didier
Lucien Didier began at the beginning.

Device: Energy eReader Pro +
Yes, I tried factory reset but it didn't work for me. I'll try to reflash the stock ROM but am currently also having trouble getting everything in order to actually being able to flash it.
Lucien Didier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 06:32 PM   #12
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
Thanks for the tip. I tried to install KOreader on my T62+ and on my Onyx Boox C67ML Carta. Both are now running the Onyx ROM. I wasn't able to open a book at all on the T62+. I was able to do so on the C67ML Carta, but the app crashes now and then. I was able to use it long enough to see a couple of pages of a book and see some of the page options. Looks promising.
I seem to remember that one of the early users of the Koreader app, had some frequent crashes, until he turned off the autorotation on his Android device. There might be some Android version feature that conflicts with Koreader, that, if identified, could tell the guys at GitHub how to make the app more compatible.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote