Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 02-02-2015, 04:51 PM   #1
MickiTee
Guru
MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Pocketbook TL3, TL4, TL5
Question Unable to register reader for Adobe DRM

I've just bought a used Touch Lux 2 (626) from Ebay. Its 6 months old and the default language is French.

When it arrived I made a copy of the existing files, reformatted the internal memory, set the language to English and configured my wi-fi. I then checked for software updates which it found and updated to version T626.4.4.1199 without any problems.

I then went to register the device with Abode DRM in Accounts and Synchronization. I can enter my email address and password, but nothing happens after I do this and I get an error when I try & open a DRM'd book. I only have four devices currently registered so I should be able to register my 626. The book I tried to open was the one I was reading on my Sony PRS-T1.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated as I have 300+ DRM'd books & I would prefer not to have to use Calibre and Alf before I can read them.
MickiTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 11:45 AM   #2
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
Try connecting the device to Adobe Digital Editions on your computer. If you're registered with the software your registration is copied to the device, provided you have not exceeded the allowed number of devices registered to your ID (6).

Last edited by LucyOne; 02-05-2015 at 04:50 PM.
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 03:43 PM   #3
MickiTee
Guru
MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try it at the week-end.

I only have ADE installed on my PC so that I can download and open DRM'd books using other software. I never use ADE for managing or reading books so I didn't think about it.

I'll let you know how I get on.
Old 02-08-2015, 01:33 PM   #4
MickiTee
Guru

Running ADE while the 626 was connected to the PC worked & I now have an authorized reader & can read my DRM'd books.

Once again many thanks for the suggestion LucyOne.
Old 02-08-2015, 02:23 PM   #5
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
You're welcome! Glad it worked!
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote