Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-18-2014, 06:08 AM   #29866
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Well, not MY son, but my son's son! I just got the call. Another grandson for me. 5lbs 10oz. And so we share the same birthday. Happy to us both! This calls for a celebration...
A happy birthday to you and welcome to your grandson and congratulations!
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 07:56 AM   #29867
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Happy Birthday to you both!
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2014, 09:19 AM   #29868
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lin2412 View Post
Stitchawl: Wow, congratulations! It's a double celebration! Happy birthday! More blessings to you and your new little bundle of joy in the family. I usually bring flowers to my friends with newborn babies, but when they grow into months and learn how to smile, it's very exciting to buy them the cutest clothes (even if they grow so fast just by the months)
Thanks!
Call me an unfeeling brute, but if you can believe it, I just can't share your enthusiasm for buying them clothes.
When he's a little bigger, I'll buy him a drum or bagpipes. THAT will be cute. He'll already have his big brother's hand-me-downs for clothes. What he needs are skis, or a new duck boat. Maybe a pony? Yeah... a pony! A cute one!

OK, time to be serious. This year my wife took me to a Napali/Indian restaurant for dinner instead of my usual Mexican place, so I didn't get drunk drinking frozen Margaritas. First birthday I'll go to sleep sober in the last 20 years. But I will have a larger-than-usual glass of Bombay Sapphire when we sit down to a movie later. Very responsible of me. I guess this means I'm finally growing up...
Spoiler:
Nah... It means I don't have any lemons or Triple Sec to make a pitcher of Frozen Margaritas here in the house!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 07:30 PM   #29869
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Third mug of tea, and then I go out to replace the burned out bulb in the porch light. For some reason I never think to do that while the sun is shining.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 07:46 PM   #29870
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Third mug of tea, and then I go out to replace the burned out bulb in the porch light. For some reason I never think to do that while the sun is shining.
Just like one never thinks to fix the leaky roof while the sun is shining. It's also harder to FIND the leak while the sun is shining ....
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2014, 05:12 PM   #29871
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Second mug of tea.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 05:42 PM   #29872
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
A glass of Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 07:48 PM   #29873
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Wash away my troubles, wash away my pain
With the rain in Shambala
Wash away my sorrow, wash away my shame

Everyone is helpful, everyone is kind
On the road to Shambala
Everyone is lucky, everyone is so kind
On the road to Shambala

How does your light shine
In the halls of Shambala
In the halls of Shambala

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnyh6i9NvmE )

Good morning, everyone! Happy Saturday! May the tranquility of Shambala reach us all today. Big mug of East India Company's "Assam" tea to get me started, as I pack my weapons for today club meet. Two members of the Thai National team will be joining us today, so it's going to be a real workout. I've changed the handle on my épée so I get an extra 1" of length to my blade. Who said 'size doesn't matter?' That 1" can make a significant difference.

Stitchawl
Old 12-19-2014, 10:55 PM   #29874
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Size mattered in a password I was trying to create recently too. I haven't seen maximums in quite a while -- but this one wouldn't let me use MORE than a certain number of characters. I had to take the word Shambala out of my password. Bummer.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 01:02 AM   #29875
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Size matters in my Talisker, too. One finger is mingie, two fingers is nice, but three or more fingers is a problem.

Tonight I had two fingers of Talisker Storm.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 05:14 AM   #29876
Stitchawl
Opsimath

After-fencing mug of Vien Joom On's "English Breakfat" tea to console myself after being veritably crushed into the dust this afternoon by a 28yr old 1st ranked member of the Thai National Fencing team. This guy is so fast, he won before I even started to play.

Stitchawl
Old 12-20-2014, 08:04 AM   #29877
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Nothing in any of my cups this morning, but tonight I'm hosting my second annual "soup night" -- a lowkey gathering of family and friends who come to enjoy each other's company and eat soup from mismatched mugs without all the holiday craziness. It was so much fun last year that I've decided to make it an annual event. We'll still gather on Christmas, but this gives us a little quiet space to just be together without too much preparation on anybody's part. Here's to new traditions!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20141219_230925.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	644.1 KB
ID:	132709  
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 09:05 AM   #29878
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
That sounds like a great idea, Betty. A tradition worth building.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 01:49 PM   #29879
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
At first I read that as chicken cabernet! Boy did my brain have an issue grappling with that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Wash away my troubles, wash away my pain
Wash away my sorrow, wash away my shame

Everyone is helpful, everyone is kind
On the road to Shambala
Everyone is lucky, everyone is so kind
On the road to Shambala

In the halls of Shambala
In the halls of Shambala

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnyh6i9NvmE )

Good morning, everyone! Happy Saturday! May the tranquility of Shambala reach us all today. Big mug of East India Company's "Assam" tea to get me started, as I pack my weapons for today club meet. Two members of the Thai National team will be joining us today, so it's going to be a real workout. I've changed the handle on my épée so I get an extra 1" of length to my blade. Who said 'size doesn't matter?' That 1" can make a significant difference.

Stitchawl
You bad boy! What does size matter? I bet you already have a good 6 inches in height already!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 06:42 PM   #29880
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
At first I read that as chicken cabernet! Boy did my brain have an issue grappling with that!

I did too. I am so glad I wasn't the only one.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?