Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-18-2009, 11:40 AM   #1
Atagahi
Enthusiast
Atagahi began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505
cord issues

All of a sudden now when I connect my reader to the computer nothing happens. I can't charge my reader or add books to it. Its not the cords fault because because it still works fine with other items. So it must be a problem with the reader. If the readers usb connector is broke some how I am not sure how to go about fixing it. I know I could get a wall charger to charge the reader but I would still be unable to connect to the computer.
Atagahi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 11:25 PM   #2
Atagahi
Enthusiast

The funny thing is that when I first connect the PRS to the computer for just a few seconds the light comes on blinks and then goes out. Thats it though , the computer never recognizes the PRS and the PRS behaves like its not hooked up to anything. It looks like I am going to have to send it to Sony and trade it for a refurbished one, I wonder how long that will take?
Advert
Old 09-20-2009, 11:51 AM   #3
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Try another USB cable/and or USB port.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 12:26 PM   #4
Atagahi
Enthusiast

I have tried different cables and both ports on the computer. It sadly seems to be a problem with the usb port on the reader itself.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:51 AM   #5
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Try these things before you send it in, trying to connect after each step:
- rebooting your PC.
- complete shutdown and restart of reader (settings > advanced settings > device shutdown).
- format of reader memory (kills all books on the reader!) - settings > advanced settings > format internal memory.
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2009, 12:50 PM   #6
Juliette
I eat books
Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Gen3 PRS-505 PRS-600 PB360 PB302 K2 Opus BebookMini OnyxBoox K3 KDXG
If you're on a Mac, try to reset the PRAM too.
Juliette is offline   Reply With Quote