Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 05-22-2012, 09:44 AM   #1
chokra
chokra began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge 7
Pocket Edge battery

i upgraded to ermine, now i get a red light on the battery! the only way the PE will work is if its plugged in. anyone have this kind of issue?
chokra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:50 AM   #2
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
The upgrade shouldn't cause this type of problem, or at least this is the first time I have heard of such a case. When you plug the charger in do you get a charging indication. Check the battery icon at the top of the LCD screen and you should also see Charging and the battery percentage on the Lock Screen if installed. Also, you can select Settings --> About eDGe --> Status and see if the Battery Status says Charging (AC). You can also download a Battery Widget like the one listed in the Widget Section of my Resource Sticky which will show a little lightning bolt when charging.

If you run your battery down it will take a bit before the charging indicator by the power switch on the Pocket eDGe itself will start to blink green. Don't quote me on this, but I believe whenever the battery falls below either 10% or 15% the indicator will turn red and STAY red until an acceptable charge level is detected. My son's PE went red one time and it stayed red until it met the acceptable charge percentage. Try plugging the eDGe in and let it sit for an hour or two and see if the indicator changes color.

If you have access to a multimeter check the voltage out of the charger. It should read over 13 VDC (mine read 13.2 VDC).

Last edited by obsessed2; 05-22-2012 at 10:24 AM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2012, 11:04 AM   #3
chokra
chokra began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge 7
yea...the battery had died down...left it on charge for a while and everything is fine now. thanks.
chokra is offline   Reply With Quote