Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 12:30 PM   #391
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
BTW Until I Break is gone from the Amazon store now.

Oh, well. I'm having more fun working on my novel about a "dead blue guy."
Old 05-19-2013, 01:00 PM   #392
NixLapi
Addict
NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
Woohoo! I've been waiting for this one!

And the first in the series, Off Sides, is back down to $0.99 in case anyone else missed it the last time it was on sale.
Old 05-19-2013, 03:25 PM   #393
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Free @ Amazon

Healing Her Heart by Laura Scott
(Crystal Lake Series)
Loved Inspired Author
Inspirational Romance

After the Ashes by Cheryl Howe
Historical Western Romance
Originally published by Dorchester 2003

Indies:

I'll Be Seeing You Through Time by Jennifer Conner
(The Dimension Keepers)

The Thief and the Rogue by Rachel Donnelly

The Clarendon Rose by Kathryn Anthony

Witchy, Witchy
(Spellbound Trilogy #1) by Penelope King
Old 05-19-2013, 03:28 PM   #394
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critteranne View Post
. So some authors do have problems about negative responses like that.
And they'll never make it to be a bestselling author in this day and age with social media and the internet. People can destroy their writing career in minutes or have someone do it for them. I have seen it happen too many times.

Some get tougher skin and bounce back but alot of them don't.
Old 05-19-2013, 03:39 PM   #395
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

On sale for limited time @ Amazon $0.99

Dark Nights Dangerous Men Box set
by Elisabeth Naughton, Cynthia Eden, Katie Reus, Alexandra Ivy, Laura Wright, Joan Swan
Note: A couple of these have been freebies in the past.

Quote:
6 Bestselling Authors, 6 Sexy Reads…

From romantic suspense to paranormal romance; from a full length novel to a bite sized novella, whatever you're looking for, we've got the story for you!
Total collection: 317,000 words

STOLEN FURY by Elisabeth Naughton

To unearth a centuries-old secret, an archaeologist must team up with the rakish thief who's stolen both an ancient relic and her heart...

Word count: 100,000

BOUND BY BLOOD by Cynthia Eden

Married to the enemy. In order to save her clan, vampire princess Morgan LaBeaux will do anything…even marry werewolf alpha Jace Vaughn. She may have to trust him with her life, but Morgan vows to never give the wolf her heart.

Word Count: 21,000

NO ONE TO TRUST by Katie Reus

When Elizabeth Martinez is shoved into the cross hairs of one of Miami’s death-dealing drug lords she has no choice but to depend on former Marine Porter Caldwell, her ex-boyfriend and the one man she’s tried desperately to forget.

Word count: 45,000

RAPHAEL by Alexandra Ivy

The brilliant and dangerous diplomat of the Pantera shapeshifters, Raphael has devoted his life to discovering the key to the infertility that is threatening the extinction of his puma race. Creating a vast network of spies worldwide, he never expected to discover that the answer might be beneath his very nose. But when Ashe, a beautiful human female, crosses his path, his most primitive instincts are stirred. Unable to resist, he takes her to his bed, and is shocked when she becomes pregnant with his child. It’s a miracle that might prove to be the salvation of his people, but only if he can keep her safe from the mercenaries determined to kill her.

Word count: 21,000

PARISH by Laura Wright

Untamed and undeniably sexy, Parish, leader of the Pantera hunters, rarely leaves the magic of the Wildlands to deal with the humans he despises. But with the prized and risky Pantera birth on the way, puma shifter, Parish must travel to New Orleans to find and bring back a human doctor. The moment he sees the lovely, talented and all too human Dr. Julia Cabot he cannot resist the wild, potent drive to make her his. Betrayed and destroyed by love, Julia will not let her heart choose her path again. But as she and Parish fight to save the life of an unborn child, a fierce and overwhelming bond develops between them, threatening her frozen heart with the secret hope and ultimate temptation of love and family.

Word count: 20,000

INTIMATE ENEMIES by Joan Swan

An emergency physician on leave returns to Baja Mexico in search of answers in the deaths of her mother and stepbrother and uncovers buried secrets that threaten her life and a man who threatens her heart.

Word count: 110,000
Old 05-19-2013, 05:12 PM   #396
auntykatkat
Evangelist
auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook/Nook Color
Has anyone read Rhyannon Byrd's Primal Instinct series. I guess I purchaced number 5 and wonder if I should wait and start at the beginning.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:28 PM   #397
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Loveswept lady pirate title on sale for $0.99.

The Notorious Lady Anne by Sharon Cullen
Kindle | Kobo | Nook (hasn't dropped yet)

Quote:
From rising romance star Sharon Cullen comes a tale of the fiery passion between a noble naval officer and a female pirate that’s as tempestuous and as unpredictable as the sea.

Nicholas Addison, celebrated captain of the Blackwell Shipping Fleet, has agreed to take Mrs. Emmaline Sutherland aboard the Pride and ferry the raven-haired beauty across the Atlantic on what he imagines will be a routine trip. But when the ship is attacked by pirates, the seemingly innocent passenger is revealed to be none other than the infamous marauder Lady Anne, whose name strikes fear in the hearts of sailors everywhere—and whose seductive wiles commandeers Nicholas’s affections.

Lady Anne, a legend of the high seas, has spent the last eleven years plotting revenge against her father, the owner of Blackwell Shipping. She’s targeted the Pride in hopes of plundering its captain’s company secrets. But beneath her fierce courage and bitter determination, Anne has the delicate heart of a woman—a heart that cannot help falling for Nicholas. Now Anne must make a difficult choice: bring down Blackwell or surrender to love.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:28 PM   #398
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
And they'll never make it to be a bestselling author in this day and age with social media and the internet. People can destroy their writing career in minutes or have someone do it for them. I have seen it happen too many times.

Some get tougher skin and bounce back but alot of them don't.
Sadly, this stunt seems to have worked for this author. And most of her readers seem to be really supportive of her and mad at the people who left negative feedback rather than upset with the author for playing them.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:33 PM   #399
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Sadly, this stunt seems to have worked for this author. And most of her readers seem to be really supportive of her and mad at the people who left negative feedback rather than upset with the author for playing them.
I bet it will be republished under a pseudonymn.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:38 PM   #400
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
There are many who have not bought into it. She really does seem to be that sensitive. I bet she revamps the book then releases it under a new name.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:11 PM   #401
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

So we will do things a bit different this weekend. Instead of asking what you all bought this week. What books did you buy this week that you were the most excited about?

You can still lists all your purchases if you want.

I bought this week:
  • Silver Shadows by Sylvie Kurtz
  • Sweet Starfire by Jayne Ann Krentz
  • Awaken Me Darkly by Gena Showalter
  • Lady Lissa's Liaison by Lindsay Randall
  • McCade's Miracle by Nancy Fraser & Patti Shenberger
  • The Kandesky Vampire Chronicles Boxed Set by Michele Drier
  • Dead or Alive by Mallory Rush
  • Rebel Charm by Patricia Rice
  • Imperfect Rebel by Patricia Rice
  • Wish Upon a Cowboy by Maureen Child (Time Travel)
  • Dark Nights Dangerous Men Box set

I think the Patricia Rice's books and the Mallory Rush were the ones I was excited to get on sale. I don't usually buy from B&N but I couldn't pass it up.

Now my unusual purchase for the week is The Kandesky Vampire Chronicles Boxed Set. On sale for $0.99 I read the sample and I liked the voice of the heroine.

Last edited by Blossom; 05-19-2013 at 06:17 PM.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:54 PM   #402
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
My purchases this past week:

One Perfect Life: The Complete Story of the Lord Jesus by John MacArthur ($3.99)
The MacArthur Study Bible ($4.99)
Church History in Plain Language by Bruce Shelley ($4.99)
Falling into Forever by Lauren Abrams ($1.94)
Falling into You by Lauren Abrams ($1.94)
Shift Omnibus Edition (Shift 1-3) by Hugh Howey ($1.99)
The Cavalier of the Apocalypse by Susanne Alleyn ($2.31)
Wicked: The Complete Series by Lily Graison ($3.15)

The first three books I bought on Monday in that big Thomas Nelson sale, and I bought the others today.

Thanks to Blue2u for the Lauren Abrams recs and to apesmom for the two 35% Kobo coupons I bought them with

This afternoon I decided to try the Kobo contest with another email address and I scored a 65% and a 55% coupon (yay!), and with them I bought the last two books, respectively.

The book I'm most excited to get is The Cavalier of the Apocalypse, the first book in the Aristide Ravel series. I've had it (and The Palace of Justice) on my wishlist for close to two years now, waiting for a good price ($2.99 or lower ) or a very good code. I'm holding off on buying The Palace of Justice (2nd book in the series) till another big code comes along. I already own the 3rd and 4th books; I got them from Amazon for $0.99 each in 2011.

Well, I did better than last week ...
Old 05-19-2013, 07:23 PM   #403
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
So we will do things a bit different this weekend. Instead of asking what you all bought this week. What books did you buy this week that you were the most excited about? .
I actually behaved myself (mostly )
I bought:
  • Gentlemen Prefer Nerds by Joan Kilby
  • Family Feud by Barbara Boswell
  • Return of the Prodigal Son by Ruth Langan (book 2 in her Lassiter Law series was finally released digitally, the rest were released back in 2011)
  • Private Scandal by Jenna Bayley-Burke
  • Sweet Inspiration by Penny Watson
  • Open Invitation by Tiffany White
  • Love, Me by Tiffany White
  • Cheap Thrills by Tiffany White
  • Forbidden Fantasy by Tiffany White
  • A Kiss in the Dark by Tiffany White
I also used the buy-2-get-1-free Harlequin coupon to buy Shannon Stacey's latest three Kowalski books in print (I already have the Carina editions in digital).

I am most excited by the Tiffany White books as I didn't think they would ever be released digitally. She doesn't have a website and seems to have quit writing so I was surprised to see them listed.

Special thanks to Apesmom for the extra Kobo codes.

Despite my ever-growing TBR pile I spent this week rereading a bunch of the In Death books by JD Robb.
Old 05-19-2013, 08:01 PM   #404
NixLapi
Addict
NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
I never managed to get that HQN code to work, but it's probably just as well since my eLibrary gets most of them anyway and it's not like I will read them before the few hundred other books currently in my library. Trying to learn some patience!

I was fairly well behaved until today and only bought 7 books, most for only $0.99:
The Proposition by Jennifer Lyon
Sinfully Sweet boxed set
Ten Days of Perfect by Andrea Randall
Battered Not Broken by Ranae Rose
Off Sides by Sawyer Bennett
Resisting the Bad Boy by Violet Duke
Sweet Thing by Renee Carlino

And I'm most excited about Let Me be the One by Bella Andre. She's a new author for me, and wouldn't you know it my eLibrary has the first five in the series!
Old 05-19-2013, 08:22 PM   #405
apesmom
Wizard

Quote:
So we will do things a bit different this weekend. Instead of asking what you all bought this week. What books did you buy this week that you were the most excited about?
OK, most excited about is much less incriminating than everything you bought.
  • Lover at Last by J.R. Ward with a 75% code that I've been trying to desperately score for the last 3 Kobo contests!
  • Julie Anne Long's Pennroyal books 2,3,6 & 7 for $1.99 each. I've been waiting for these to go on sale pretty much since Avon started having these sales.
  • Frost Burned by Patricia Briggs

Oh and my Susan Elizabeth Phillips 10 for 1 freebie, The Great Escape, that I got at ARe for loading up my cart with HC sales books.

Last edited by apesmom; 05-19-2013 at 08:27 PM.
Closed Thread