Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-04-2013, 07:50 AM   #1336
gettix
gettix can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.gettix can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.gettix can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.gettix can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.gettix can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.gettix can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.gettix can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.gettix can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.gettix can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.gettix can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.gettix can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
For me it says update-20130322 when I try to download...
So it seems to be 22-03-2013 and therefore quite fresh... But I haven't installed it on my boox so I don't know what's inside the zip

http://translate.google.de/translate...pl/fw-boox-m92

By the way: I just can't wait for booxtor to update this Thread to the new version
gettix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:57 AM   #1337
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettix View Post
For me it says update-20130322 when I try to download...
So it seems to be 22-03-2013 and therefore quite fresh... But I haven't installed it on my boox so I don't know what's inside the zip

http://translate.google.de/translate...pl/fw-boox-m92

By the way: I just can't wait for booxtor to update this Thread to the new version
I put it and the device still works :-)
Without a public list of new features and bugfixes is an act of trust to the vendor though...
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:26 PM   #1338
tuxor
Addict
tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Icarus Illumina E653
That's the Arta Tech homepage, isn't it? And isn't Arta Tech's firmware supposed to be uncompatible with Booxtor's firmware?
tuxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:55 PM   #1339
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxor View Post
That's the Arta Tech homepage, isn't it? And isn't Arta Tech's firmware supposed to be uncompatible with Booxtor's firmware?
Yes, it's a firmware for Arta Tech devices, published on the Arta Tech website.
Such a confusion is a pity but that's it.
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:59 AM   #1340
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
A while ago the following bug was posted here:
when you use highlighting in a document as the number of highlights increases the reader responds increasingly slow to highlighting. The lag between the moment your pen touches the screen selects the text and the selection is rendered on the document becomes longer and longer.

Has this been resolved with the latest patch for the new PDF reader. I am still running the last version that came in one big file with the OS update.

THis thread has become very quiet ..what is going on? Before we used to see more frequent updates and the community was more active. Should I take it that we are all happy with the current version :-). I for one have been terribly busy and did not have much time for reading or studying. I am resuming this and here I am ...resuming my activity here
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:13 PM   #1341
wind2000
wind2000 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Hi Booxtor

I have download the new fireware 1.8 for m92 but it prompted me for a password. What is the password to open the zip file?

Thanks
wind2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:11 AM   #1342
iampiti
Connoisseur
iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!

Device: Onyx M92
PF4Mobile: I guess the silence it's because Booxtor hasn't posted for a few days but I don't think everyone is completely happy about the firmware .
wind2000: For updating it's not necessary to open the ZIP file, it has to go as is on the reader.
iampiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:43 AM   #1343
drleper
drleper began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Just got my new M92. At the start of this thread there's mention of "Improved the multi column reading [...] Viewport will be moved with page turn buttons from top to bottom of each column and to the top of the next column..."

I haven't seen this action at all when I've been reading PDFs zoomed in (for me, page turns go to the next page, not the next column on the same page). How can I check my current firmware version?
drleper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:14 AM   #1344
gettix
gettix can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.gettix can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.gettix can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.gettix can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.gettix can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.gettix can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.gettix can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.gettix can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.gettix can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.gettix can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.gettix can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Try to activate 'Reading - Paper Mode' in the (book-)settings when you are zoomed in. That should do the trick...

To check the Firmware Version open the 'Settings' menu (of the reader, not of any book!! It's on the home screen) and click 'About'. There you can find your Firmware Version.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:17 AM   #1345
drleper
drleper began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettix View Post
Try to activate 'Reading - Paper Mode' in the (book-)settings when you are zoomed in. That should do the trick...
That works. Very useful, thanks!

Last edited by drleper; 04-12-2013 at 02:33 AM.
drleper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:44 AM   #1346
voyageusejvzc
voyageusejvzc began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3, onyx boox m92
I just received my new device, and it is extremely slow. I have updated to the latest software. Is it slow because the device is faulty? or maybe I updated it wrong? or is it supposed to be this slow?

Last edited by voyageusejvzc; 04-09-2013 at 08:57 AM.
voyageusejvzc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:01 AM   #1347
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Hi guys,
first of all I wanted to apologize for keeping silence in last weeks.
The implementation of multitasking turned to be a very hard nut. It changes quite a lot to existing architecture. But we will crack it definitely. It works already for different apps . The only thing which still resist - starting of multiple sessions of the same app (like many pdf documents ). I think we can solve it within of this week.

Regarding "new" updates of other partners - please don't be confused by fresher dates of them. The only new in those updates is some corrected localisations (like Czech e.g.). Unfortunatelly some reported bugs will be still there and some expected features not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyageusejvzc View Post
I just received my new device, and it is extremely slow. I have updated to the latest software. Is it slow because the device is faulty? or maybe I updated it wrong? or is it supposed to be this slow?
Did you see the videos with some explanations of M92 features? If your device is slower with every kind of documents than M92 in videos, then something is wrong with it.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:28 AM   #1348
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Hi Booxtor,

Happy to read you. Thanks for this good news.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:45 PM   #1349
Defenderland
Groupie
Defenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litter

Device: M92
Hi Booxtor,
that's very good news. Waiting patiently.
Defenderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:53 AM   #1350
gettix

Hi Booxtor,

Will there be dropbox or Google drive etc. Support in the new update? I'm really looking forward to this since I first heard that this is considered for some update in the future...