Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-23-2012, 08:10 PM   #316
Quelch
Groupie
Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch and iPad 4 hers, Samsung Galaxy S 8.4 mine !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quelch View Post
I prefer the SkinDigital design (If mine ever turns up)
Eureka

My SkinDigital case has finally arrived and they are every bit as good as forum members have claimed, thanks for the recommendations everyone
Quelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 12:06 AM   #317
SF&F Reader
Groupie
SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kobo Touch, Blackberry Playbook, Samsung Galaxy SII HD LTE
Hooray! Glad to hear it
SF&F Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:01 PM   #318
tbb007
tbb007 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysJeepMan View Post
Does a portfolio case exist that DOESN'T have those goofy corner straps?!
Can't recall where right off, but I have seen one online where the device slides into a sort of minimal "sleeve": the base fits into a kind of pouch that comes to just below the "home" button, and there's an additional strap across the top. Not sure why I didn't pursue it further; probably the absence of an integrated light.
tbb007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:35 AM   #319
john306
john306 is a marvel to beholdjohn306 is a marvel to beholdjohn306 is a marvel to beholdjohn306 is a marvel to beholdjohn306 is a marvel to beholdjohn306 is a marvel to beholdjohn306 is a marvel to beholdjohn306 is a marvel to beholdjohn306 is a marvel to beholdjohn306 is a marvel to beholdjohn306 is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Touch/ Nook ST
Skindigital turned up and its just what I wanted, looks class, not bulky and protects the device very well.
Thanks.
john306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:18 AM   #320
voom
Just me :)
voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.

My SD (book style) has also finally arrived this week and it fits really well!

As someone here mentioned before the inner flap does trigger a screentap though, if you close the case without going to sleep first. Since I have no use for the flap, I cut it out completely, leaving a small rim where the sowing is though, since I was not sure, if it is sown to the case seperately or if the same sowing goes through other levels of the case as well... The cut border turned out white due to the lining and I simply colored that black with an edding...

It looks absolutely ok this way and now I have nothing left to complain about Regarding the overall price / quality ratio I would buy this case again; I sent SD a description of the flap problem though so hopefully they will modify the design...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sd-kt-cutflap.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	85719  
voom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:39 PM   #321
CNL
CNL began at the beginning.

Device: KT2, libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by yhamm View Post
I was browsing at Chapters today and came across the Moleskine for the touch at 50% off. They are normally 49.99$. YMMV, as it may be a local instore sale...
I have one of these, and the notepad is great.
The build quality isn't as good as usual though. One of the corners of the hard plastic kobo holster is curved up, and every one in the store was the same. It seems the leathery stuff was stitched too short on the right side of all of them.
The notebook was about 1/4" too tall too, but that was easy to fix.
CNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:55 PM   #322
Slartibartfaust
Enthusiast
Slartibartfaust began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quelch View Post
Eureka

My SkinDigital case has finally arrived and they are every bit as good as forum members have claimed, thanks for the recommendations everyone
So glad it finally came!!!
great product isn't it?
Slartibartfaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:05 AM   #323
Quelch
Groupie
Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slartibartfaust View Post
So glad it finally came!!!
great product isn't it?
Yes, the SkinDigital case is better than the more expensive ones I've had a look at in the stores here !

My friend has just bought himself a Kindle Touch, on my recommendation, it arrived today

Now I start my campaign of recommending he get a SkinDigital case for it
Old 04-27-2012, 07:47 PM   #324
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
I have 2 skin digital covers. They are great! I saw on their site they have a bright blue KT one. I will have to buy it when it comes back in stock. I currently use a black top flip one.
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:52 PM   #325
gari189
Connoisseur
gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Elonex 621eb, PRS-T1, HP Touchpad
Bought the Skin Digital flip over case for my son who has a Kobo Touch. Its good quality, great value and I highly recommend them. BUT allow 4 to 5 weeks for it to arrive......
gari189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:58 AM   #326
john306
john306 is a marvel to beholdjohn306 is a marvel to beholdjohn306 is a marvel to beholdjohn306 is a marvel to beholdjohn306 is a marvel to beholdjohn306 is a marvel to beholdjohn306 is a marvel to beholdjohn306 is a marvel to beholdjohn306 is a marvel to beholdjohn306 is a marvel to beholdjohn306 is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Touch/ Nook ST
Quote:
Originally Posted by gari189 View Post
Bought the Skin Digital flip over case for my son who has a Kobo Touch. Its good quality, great value and I highly recommend them. BUT allow 4 to 5 weeks for it to arrive......
Mine luckily turned up in exactly 2 weeks to the day from ordering.
john306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:48 AM   #327
Quelch
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by voom View Post
My SD (book style) has also finally arrived this week and it fits really well!

As someone here mentioned before the inner flap does trigger a screentap though, if you close the case without going to sleep first. Since I have no use for the flap, I cut it out completely, leaving a small rim where the sowing is though, since I was not sure, if it is sown to the case seperately or if the same sowing goes through other levels of the case as well... The cut border turned out white due to the lining and I simply colored that black with an edding...

It looks absolutely ok this way and now I have nothing left to complain about Regarding the overall price / quality ratio I would buy this case again; I sent SD a description of the flap problem though so hopefully they will modify the design...
Excuse me for being pedantic

Sowing = seeding

sewing = Joining or attaching by stitches

I know, you'll hate me now

But you are absolutely right about the little flap causing the touch screen to react, I have to remember to put the Kobo into sleep mode before I close the case

The SkinDigital case is still the best I've seen anywhere
Old 05-04-2012, 04:06 AM   #328
voom
Just me :)
voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.

I absolutely do not hate you, I rather

Though I believe my English is pretty good for it not being my native language I also believe I'll never cease to learn more facets of the language and since I don't get to speak much (just write, read and listen) I am thankful for any chance to improve and correct my knowledge and vocabulary

there was a song, I remember just now:
sowing the seeds of love

as a rhyme to remember I'd like to add:
sewing the edges of cloth

(I know it's a dirty rhyme, but then:
seeds only grow in dirt...)
voom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:26 AM   #329
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
I worked with a German shipmate in US Navy during 1960s. He was always interested in learning new American slang words so he could tell them to his girl friend in Germany. He had a slang gold mine from another guy that was with start of hippie movement in San Fransisco before joining the Navy.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:21 AM   #330
MrBook69
MrBook69 can illuminate an eclipseMrBook69 can illuminate an eclipseMrBook69 can illuminate an eclipseMrBook69 can illuminate an eclipseMrBook69 can illuminate an eclipseMrBook69 can illuminate an eclipseMrBook69 can illuminate an eclipseMrBook69 can illuminate an eclipseMrBook69 can illuminate an eclipseMrBook69 can illuminate an eclipseMrBook69 can illuminate an eclipse

Device: none
My own case

I made it myself because I want see the cover of my current reading...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	img1.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	86747   Click image for larger version

Name:	img2.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	86748  
MrBook69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags