Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 12-11-2012, 05:50 AM   #31
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
If you are on a Mac, I recommend using my AppleScript to run KindleGen.

[Edit: Oh, I see I said the same thing two years ago! Old thread!]
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:55 AM   #32
petejay
petejay began at the beginning.

Device: Kundle
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It means exactly what it says: that the "dc:language" field in the OPF file (a mandatory metadata item) isn't there. Edit the OPF file in the ePub and add it. Its value should be a standard ISO language code, such as "en-GB" for British English, or "de-DE" for Germany.
thanks for answering so fast. Sorry that the question was maybe not very clear, but I ment: How can I edit Metadatas of an epub (in OSX), - but I have already found something for free.

Thanks!
Pete
petejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2012, 01:03 PM   #33
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
An ePub file is just a renamed ZIP file, so you can simply rename the ePub to ZIP, open it with any tool that handles ZIP files, edit the OPF file, then put it back into the ZIP again. That's the beauty of ePub - you don't need any special tools.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:12 PM   #34
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Sprache nicht in den Metadaten angegeben. Das Feld "dc:Language" ist ein Pflichtfeld. Abbruch.
Means:
No language set in the metadata. The field "dc:Language" is mandatory. Aborting.
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:40 PM   #35
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
An ePub file is just a renamed ZIP file, so you can simply rename the ePub to ZIP, open it with any tool that handles ZIP files, edit the OPF file, then put it back into the ZIP again. That's the beauty of ePub - you don't need any special tools.
Well, you do need to zip it up carefully. One of the files must be the first one in the zip file, and uncompressed.

Luckily I've written a nice AppleScript that does that for you.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2012, 03:37 AM   #36
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Well, you do need to zip it up carefully. One of the files must be the first one in the zip file, and uncompressed.
But simply replacing the changed OPF in the ZIP shouldn't affect the compression or ordering of the other files in the ZIP. At least it doesn't do so with the built-in Windows ZIP tool, or with "WinRAR". I don't know what ZIP tools are commonly used on the Mac.

I agree, though, that your script is a much better way to do it .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote