Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-22-2013, 04:09 AM   #25981
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Plus one hour and 58 minutes... marks 15 years that I haven't smoked a cigarette!
Keep it up! I only smoked for 3 or 4 years, and by my mid-twenties had given up for good. I just realised one day that it was a stupid thing to do, and stopped. When I met my wife she was a smoker, and it took a good year or so of nagging to get her to stop. She has not smoked since her early twenties either, though she's like you, and still wants one almost every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Camel's Breath...
Have you taken up smoking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
I did something so fun today. I saw in our local paper that the animal shelter had picked up 80 cats from a hoarding situation, and for the moment they are evidence and are not in with the general population. They need volunteers to help with the cleaning and feeding, so I spent about 3 hrs there. I am a pretty good cat wrangler, so I helped an employee give a pill to all 80 cats. I held so many cats, and whole litters of kittens. Only one scratched me at all, and that was because she wanted to get down, not because she was mean. I'll probably end up with some of these cats...
Dangerous thing to do . We'd end up with a houseful if I started doing something like that.

Rooibos in my cup.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:24 AM   #25982
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
She has not smoked since her early twenties either, though she's like you, and still wants one almost every day.
There are so many 'triggers' that we see in our daily lives. I get urges in some of the most absurd places... I might at 40 meters under water and suddenly think 'Gee! I'd love a cigarette right now!' What the heck triggered that?!?

Quote:
Have you taken up smoking?
I didn't. I stopped smoking cigarettes and pipes 15 years and one day and 9 hours ago!
Right now I'm drinking a mid-afternoon mug of unbranded Keemun, and wishing I still smoked a pipe!

EDIT: Oops! I lost the plot. I thought it was ProfCrash who asked that!

But... I'd rather be a non-smoker who wishes he could smoke than a smoker who wishes he could quit!

Stitchawl

Last edited by Stitchawl; 08-22-2013 at 08:17 AM.
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2013, 07:23 AM   #25983
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Camels BReath is a very yummy PuErh witha weird name. Smoking is bad, bleech. I would rather eat dirt with Lucas. Who was a very good boy and showed me the dog poop he picked up before trying to put it in his mouth.

I love my toddler. So curious. Then again, the look on his face as he showed me dog poop and was clearly thinking about eating it made me realize that he places the four cheese spinach lasagne, homemade meatloaf, and salmon made for him this week on par with dirt, wood chips, and dog poop and is not a small foodie.

Genmaicha in my cup
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:47 AM   #25984
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post

I love my toddler. So curious. Then again, the look on his face as he showed me dog poop and was clearly thinking about eating it made me realize that he places the four cheese spinach lasagne, homemade meatloaf, and salmon made for him this week on par with dirt, wood chips, and dog poop and is not a small foodie.

Genmaicha in my cup
We used to say about our son at that age "he will eat anything, ANYTHING, unless you put it on a plate and call it dinner."
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:52 AM   #25985
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh you put it on his plate and he eats it, for the most part. He points to whatever we are eating and grunts. He points to his treats and grunts. He points at the dogs food bowl and grunts. Seriously, I wonder if the kid has an off switch for his appetite because all he seems to want to do is eat when he sees food.
Advert
Old 08-22-2013, 12:53 PM   #25986
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
How does it compare to "Vernor's" ginger ale? I first learned of that in Michigan. It's quite strongly flavored. (Not really my style).
I think you had to grow up with Vernor's. Heavens, I hadn't even thought of it in years and years. Try it with a scoop of Vanilla ice cream and it's known as a "Boston Float" (I have NO idea why, since I don't think Vernors is available in Boston.)

For me, this morning, my Peet's English Breakfast tea. And, of course, my fresh squeezed OJ.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:24 PM   #25987
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

I had Vernors in michigan and I really think it is an aquired taste. I never liked it. Most of the non mass produced ginger ales are much stronger in the ginger taste and I like it.

Third mug of genmaicha.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:23 PM   #25988
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
cromag - It is always so scary to have our kids be so far away, but spending next year interning in Shanghai does sound like a wonderful opportunity for her.

orlok - Isn't it so hard to get back into the work routine when you've just had a vacation?

Betty - how wonderful of you to give your time helping at the animal shelter with all those cats. It is so hard to resist those cute little faces.

Enjoying a fresh cup of coffee and a slice of apple pie.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:50 PM   #25989
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Vernors is probably an acquired taste, but then when you grow up with it, the standard "Canada Dry Ginger Ale" and its relatives seem so, so... bland.

IAC, enjoying a bit of Feng Huang Dan Cong, from TeaSpring.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 05:46 PM   #25990
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
How does it compare to "Vernor's" ginger ale? I first learned of that in Michigan. It's quite strongly flavored. (Not really my style).
Vernor's is the only commonly available ginger ale that I find tolerable. I also grew up with it. I much prefer these "microbrews" of ginger ale where you can actually taste the ginger and not the sugar.

Quote:
Wishing I had some decaf coffee in my cup! I need to get some.

I did something so fun today. I saw in our local paper that the animal shelter had picked up 80 cats from a hoarding situation, and for the moment they are evidence and are not in with the general population. They need volunteers to help with the cleaning and feeding, so I spent about 3 hrs there. I am a pretty good cat wrangler, so I helped an employee give a pill to all 80 cats. I held so many cats, and whole litters of kittens. Only one scratched me at all, and that was because she wanted to get down, not because she was mean. I'll probably end up with some of these cats...
you're a Bast hero!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:00 PM   #25991
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I am so glad my son can not see my screen right now or he would be demanding we adopt ALL OF THEM. heh
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:02 PM   #25992
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
Vernor's is the only commonly available ginger ale that I find tolerable. I also grew up with it. I much prefer these "microbrews" of ginger ale where you can actually taste the ginger and not the sugar.
Boylan Bottling Company also makes a more gingery ginger ale which is quite good. Santa Cruz (a smaller organic company) makes a very gingery soda which is actually on the harsh side to me.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:13 PM   #25993
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Wishing I had some decaf coffee in my cup! I need to get some.

Kudos to you! I'm sure several will adopt you and let you know they are ready to 'liven' up your house! A house without cats ... is not a home ...
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:48 PM   #25994
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Tea #3 for me.

A very busy day for me today, despite actually having accomplished so little so far.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:58 PM   #25995
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Old Peculiar! .... smooooooth .....
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?