Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-14-2010, 04:55 PM   #1
zdas04
zdas04 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Changing Book Title

I got a Kindle 2 for Christmas and have bought a couple of books from Amazon and everything worked fine. Today I bought a series of 9 books and they sort on the Kindle by the file name (i.e., book 4 starts with a "B" so it is first). If I sort by "latest" then book 9 shows up first.

After a bit of searching, I downloaded Calibre and changed the title to "Book 01 Semper Fi" etc. I delted all the books from the Kindle and saved the books back down using the USB. The books look fine on the PC, but on the Kindle they still have the same book titles. When I try to "convert" them in Calibre to try to force the updated metadata I get a DRM message.

Is there any way to change the book title on the Kindle?

I think I'm running 2.2.2, but when I downloaded 2.3 the "update" option is greyed out.

Thanks

David
zdas04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 07:31 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, zdas04.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2010, 07:33 PM   #3
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
You can use mobi2mobi to edit the titles even on DRMed books
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21763
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 12:06 AM   #4
zdas04

Thanks, I'll take a look at it tomorrow.

David
Old 01-15-2010, 05:03 PM   #5
zdas04

Mobi2Mobi worked perfectly, I got the titles to sort exactly like I wanted them to. Thank you all.

David
Advert