Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 03-05-2009, 08:23 PM   #1
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Auto Kindle ebook converter

I don't know if this has been posted yet or not. I just saw it & thought it might interest some of you...

http://www.download.com/8301-2007_4-10187502-12.htm

It says auto Kindle ebook converter, but as it makes a Mobi file it might be useful for anyone wanting Mobi format.

Haven't tried it yet, so I don't know if it's any good or not.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:08 PM   #2
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Interesting link, but am not sure why one would want to use this vs mobipocket creator or Calibre which seem to do the same job,
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2009, 10:30 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leep View Post
Interesting link, but am not sure why one would want to use this vs mobipocket creator or Calibre which seem to do the same job,

Don't know, other than it's always nice to have one more tool to throw something that isn't converting nicely at.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 07:41 PM   #4
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
That's actually quite useful. Thanks.
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 01:18 PM   #5
MsAstoria
Evangelist
MsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipedia

Device: Kindle Fire HDX, iPhone (yes, I read on my phone)
"Using a print-to-PDF program like doPDF or PrimoPDF, you can convert a DOC or TXT to PDF"
Yes, and you can also convert same to pdf through Open Office which is free too!
I don't believe that Amazon is actually charging anyone the 10cent fee. I think that is what they were going to do, but so far, haven't charged anyone that I know, including myself.
Also Calibre is great for converting txt to mobi and downloading directly onto your device. Don't know about docs as I don't use them myself. It does convert pdfs although I haven't tried it.
Nice article and definitely a program to keep an eye on. Thanks!
MsAstoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2009, 10:16 PM   #6
beernutz
beernutz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I tried this out and FWIW it works very cleanly and quickly and the output is very nice.

I first used ereader2html to convert a secure ebook I bought from fictionwise (which wasn't available in the Kindle Store) to html.
I then used this tool to convert the html to mobi and it looks great on my Kindle 2. Took all of 2 minutes to do all of that and upload it to the Kindle and start reading.

I've owned my Kindle 2 for 16 days and I'm already so tired of drm I could scream.
beernutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 07:14 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAstoria View Post
"Using a print-to-PDF program like doPDF or PrimoPDF, you can convert a DOC or TXT to PDF"
Yes, and you can also convert same to pdf through Open Office which is free too!
I don't believe that Amazon is actually charging anyone the 10cent fee. I think that is what they were going to do, but so far, haven't charged anyone that I know, including myself.
Also Calibre is great for converting txt to mobi and downloading directly onto your device. Don't know about docs as I don't use them myself. It does convert pdfs although I haven't tried it.
Nice article and definitely a program to keep an eye on. Thanks!
Note that the 10c fee is not for conversion - that is free - but for optionally wirelessly sending the converted document to the Kindle. If you opt to have it e-mailed back to you, there is no fee.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 04:55 AM   #8
maryd2303
maryd2303 began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by beernutz View Post
I tried this out and FWIW it works very cleanly and quickly and the output is very nice.

I first used ereader2html to convert a secure ebook I bought from fictionwise (which wasn't available in the Kindle Store) to html.
I then used this tool to convert the html to mobi and it looks great on my Kindle 2. Took all of 2 minutes to do all of that and upload it to the Kindle and start reading.

I've owned my Kindle 2 for 16 days and I'm already so tired of drm I could scream.
Can I just clarify that I can download secure ereader DRM, used ereader2html (I assume I can google this) and then convert to mobi to read on my BeBook?

Wouldn't that improve my life?
maryd2303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 04:05 AM   #9
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leep View Post
I am still locked in mortal combat with PDF and downloaded this link. Put in the Input File and the Output File and stumped what to do next.

It's a conspiracy I tell ya!!

Could Kindle 1 be becoming obsolete?

Cheers

Last edited by nohmi2; 08-09-2009 at 04:11 AM.
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 12:42 AM   #10
ofcnick
ofcnick began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
hello, great site! i recently downloaded a book from amazon. now get this crazy message. com.mobipocket.common.library.reader:method a(Ljava/util/Vector;IBLCOM/MOBIPOCKET/COMMON/PARSER/GV NOT found. does anyone have an idea what this is?
ofcnick is offline   Reply With Quote