Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-04-2009, 05:38 PM   #1
Drezin
Connoisseur
Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-505
Noticing Some "Shadowing"

Okay, so I have noticed something. Every once in a while, after I turn off my 505, I notice some faint images left over. It is barely noticeable, but it is there. It just looks like smudges going across the page. When I turn it on to read, either they go away, or I don't notice them. They haven't hindered my ability to easily read on my 505, but I get a bit obsessive with things like this. And it doesn't always happen. Right now, with the reader off, I see a perfectly clear and smooth whitish-gray screen. Has anyone else expreienced this? Does it happen on other readers? Is this something I should worry about getting progressively worse?
Drezin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 05:39 PM   #2
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Happens to mine too. Don't worry about it Sometimes when it is colder it'll do it more.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2009, 05:55 PM   #3
Shiren
Connoisseur
Shiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505/iPod Touch
I know what you're talking about. I see that on mine when I turn it off. It has always been there... and lilac is right, it's more apparent when it's cold (-20 Celsius out there ).
Shiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 05:57 PM   #4
Drezin
Connoisseur
Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!

Okay, cool. As long as it isn't a progressive thing.

Thanks for the quick replies. These forums are awesome.
Drezin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:12 AM   #5
manicmarauder
Happy Camper
manicmarauder began at the beginning.

I was wondering about this too. I just got my 505 yesterday and noticed it when I turned it off. All the pages when displayed are great though and it disappeared when I turned it back on. Good to know it's just a normal quirk.
manicmarauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2009, 09:13 AM   #6
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by manicmarauder View Post
I was wondering about this too. I just got my 505 yesterday and noticed it when I turned it off. All the pages when displayed are great though and it disappeared when I turned it back on. Good to know it's just a normal quirk.
Congrats on your new 505
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:18 AM   #7
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
That is normal operation of the e-ink.
It is called ghosting.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:38 AM   #8
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by manicmarauder View Post
Welcome! Enjoy your new toy!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 03:32 AM   #9
manicmarauder
Happy Camper
manicmarauder began at the beginning.

Thankyou Thankyou. Hehe, so far I love it! I even managed to get my first book conversion done by Calibre yesterday. I downloaded The Swiss Family Robinson off of Gutenberg and converted it to LRF just because. I think I'm going to like eReading.
manicmarauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 04:14 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
That's why the screen "flashes black" in between page turns - it clears the "shadow" of the previous page.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 04:18 AM   #11
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Manicmarauder--

If you haven't already, you need to check out all of the public domain books that the hardworking members of this site have converted to LRF format.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/ebooks.php?forumid=126

Many great books there free for the downloading!

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 10:22 AM   #12
toolio
Enthusiast
toolio has learned how to read e-bookstoolio has learned how to read e-bookstoolio has learned how to read e-bookstoolio has learned how to read e-bookstoolio has learned how to read e-bookstoolio has learned how to read e-bookstoolio has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony Reader/IPAQ 210/Ipod Touch
Happens in hot weather too. I sometimes see it here in Brazil, where I use my 505 constantly in 30-35 degree C temperatures (about 85-100 F for those using the other system). You'll notice it even more after you have displayed a page with an image.
toolio is offline   Reply With Quote