Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-21-2012, 12:35 PM   #1
da_jane
Evangelist
da_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enough

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Kindle Paperwhite | iPad Mini
Comments field results in bad characters upon saving to CSV

When I create a catalog and save it as a CSV, I often encounter bad characters. Is there is any way to stop this?

Additionally, some comments (book descriptions) have excerpts. Can I eliminate that? In a post processing CSV, I use a code to delete text after the word excerpt and then do a search and replace for Excerpt.
da_jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:29 PM   #2
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Create a ticket and attach a catalog with an example of the bad characters.

With respect to the excerpts, whatever is in included in the comments field is added to the catalog if you enable 'comments' in the selected fields.

With respect to the bad characters, if you have Unicode characters in your metadata (accented characters, curly quotes, other special non-ASCII chars) you will need to open the file in a program capable of displaying Unicode properly.

Last edited by GRiker; 11-21-2012 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Unicode
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert