Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 07-02-2012, 09:29 AM   #1
Jazitricks
Jazitricks began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 902
Question Big files and SDcard

Looks like it takes forever to open large files (10MB+)

Any solution?

It seems mainly on the sdcard.

Also, mobi files seem to take forever to load.

Any trick?
Any idea why?

Thanks in advance,
Jazi
Jazitricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:42 PM   #2
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
I've noticed the same thing. When you open a book in the Library, it seems to do something with the file before it passes it on to the display application. I don't know what it does, but it's the thing that pops up that "File is too large" dialog box, and it does take longer the bigger the file is. Maybe it's taking the md5sum of the file and using that to index into a database, or something.

No idea about the mobi files; I didn't even know they could be read on Pocketbook devices.

Last edited by rkomar; 07-02-2012 at 02:46 PM.
rkomar is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert