Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 09-30-2011, 02:17 PM   #1
adoucette
adoucette doesn't litteradoucette doesn't litter

Device: Nook Color (rooted?)
Post basic reader selection question?

I've just rooted my Nook Color and need help finding an Android ereader app that works well.
I need it to automatically put books from certain folders into the library. So far I can't find a good reader app that does that (like the native Nook app does).
Thanks for any help.
Ari
adoucette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:53 PM   #2
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by adoucette View Post
I've just rooted my Nook Color and need help finding an Android ereader app that works well.
I need it to automatically put books from certain folders into the library. So far I can't find a good reader app that does that (like the native Nook app does).
Thanks for any help.
Ari
Aldiko v2+ allows that and also handles B&N DRM. Not a bad reader at all.

If you are reading unprotected ebooks try CoolReader although it doesn't have a library function (it uses files/folder organization). It is my favorite ereader.

I have a 7" and a 10.1" tablet (not Nook) and have Aldiko, Kindle4Android, FBReader and CoolReader installed on both. That pretty much covers my reading needs although I haven't used FBReader in months. (CoolReader allows two columns in landscape mode.)

Regards- John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2011, 02:09 PM   #3
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I gave up on Aldiko... It kept adding books to my library double... And if I removed one, I couldn't open the other one anymore. I'll stick to my mobi books and K4A. (all my books are also in mobi format as one of our readers in the house is a Kindle. DRM will be removed seconds after a book is bought).
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 02:28 PM   #4
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Mantano Reader (paid) works quite well for me. Added books don't automatically show up in the library but tapping on Synchronize from the home screen (which scans selected folders for new ebooks) is painless enough.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:18 PM   #5
adoucette
adoucette doesn't litteradoucette doesn't litter

Device: Nook Color (rooted?)
I settled on Mantano (paid) after trying Alkido and others, and haven't looked back (much)
adoucette is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert