Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-01-2012, 12:48 PM   #1
SpacePiranha
SpacePiranha began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ 701
Difficulty connecting to wireless network

I just got a pocketbook IQ from work, and it isn't allowing me to connect to my home wireless network. It recognizes the network and says that it's secured with WEP, then asks for a WEP hex key. My network, however, uses a password that is not limited to hex, and when I type the actual password in and try to connect, it pauses at "obtaining IP address" for a while and then fails. I've tried manually inserting a WPA network with the same SSID, but my IQ does not recognize that network to be within range.

Apparently my manager tried it on her home network and it worked just fine. Any tips to getting it working for me?
SpacePiranha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 03:55 AM   #2
pippopelo
Connoisseur
pippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle 4th, Paperwhite 5th, Paperwhite 10th
Hello,

wifi on channel?
pippopelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2012, 02:52 PM   #3
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetbook and PocketBook IQ
Q: are you broadcasting your home network SSID? the IQ will not connect unless SSID is broadcasted.

Cheers
hiaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 02:14 AM   #4
SpacePiranha
SpacePiranha began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ 701
Hi Guys!

Yes, my router is broadcasting the SSID. Interestingly I've been able to connect my android phone, which is a similar setup, but not the Ereader.

Pippelo, I'm not sure what you mean. At any rate, the ereader is recognizing the network, just not logging in to it properly.

Your feedback is appreciated
SpacePiranha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:23 AM   #5
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
In a similar situation I found that a factory reset sometimes helps. Make sure you backup first.
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2012, 10:45 AM   #6
musicman2523
Groupie
musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pocketbook iq 701
I've found that wi fi works best if you back the firmware down to 2.06
2.1.1 seems to have problems with the internet in general.
musicman2523 is offline   Reply With Quote