Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-05-2011, 01:41 AM   #1
caheaton
Enthusiast
caheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo & Kindle apps (PC, Android), Aura HD, Kindle Touch
reset Kobo...no go on latest update

Well, for reasons that were no fault of my Kobo's (ADE problems), I reset my Kobo to factory defaults. I was hopeful when it downloaded the new update that I would get the new one, but alas, it downloaded 1.7.4...the same old one I had before. Looks like I'm going to have to finish the book I was reading on my android, as there's now way I'm going to click a page at a time to page 200 something It looks like the update servers really, really don't like my Borders Kobo.
Craig
caheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 07:27 PM   #2
coinín
dust bunny
coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Sony PRS-650, BlackBerry PlayBook
Take heart; it took me about 40 tries clicking "sync" on the desktop before I got the upgrade. I'd download the most recent desktop direct from the Kobo site, plug the little guy in and just keep trying.
coinín is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2011, 08:02 PM   #3
MechR
Connoisseur
MechR began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wifi
When you do a factory reset, does the firmware go back to an older version?

Specifically, if I were to install Kobo-branded 1.9 firmware on my Borders unit, would the factory-reset bring back the Borders-branded 1.7.x firmware?
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 08:39 PM   #4
ltr
Addict
ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Device: Kindle PW-2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechR View Post
When you do a factory reset, does the firmware go back to an older version?

Specifically, if I were to install Kobo-branded 1.9 firmware on my Borders unit, would the factory-reset bring back the Borders-branded 1.7.x firmware?
No, it uses the firmware you are presently running. It clears out your books and your settings.
ltr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 09:25 PM   #5
MechR
Connoisseur
MechR began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wifi
Ah, thanks.
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2011, 11:55 PM   #6
amo
Teaist
amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Aura ONE, Android cell phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltr View Post
No, it uses the firmware you are presently running. It clears out your books and your settings.
Ah, really? I did an upgrade back in November (to 1.7.4) and then did a factory reset and I'm pretty sure it went back to 1.7 and I had to re-upgrade.
Could be remembering it wrong though.
amo is offline   Reply With Quote